Timmur-o2grow Oxygenator Trials 2016

• Thread starter J Henry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

J Henry

Hey Timmur, How did that O2Grow oxygenator workout for you last year? Been waiting to hear your 1st hand experience with DO testing and results… the good, the bad and the ugly.

Has anyone else tried this O2Grow rig here?

D

diogodasilva

I'm using O2Grow on my custom undercurrent, 40gal total system.
But this is my first hydro and first rdwc experience and I had lots of issues since the beginning, I burned the hell out of my plants with a 1.2 EC only later I read about super oxygenation and how undercurrent setups are more efficient with lower EC.
I am in week 4 of flower now reduced to 0.5ec.
my plants look pretty bashed. =(

J

J Henry

I understand the O2Grow oxygenator cycles on and off intermittently and the cycling mechanism is strictly “temperature cycled.” The unit is in the “on cycle” longer generating pure oxygen/pure hydrogen when the warmer the water. The colder the water the longer the unit is in the “off cycle” producing no oxygen. The unit does not test, evaluate nor monitor the DO in the water nor is it cycled by the amount of DO in the water. The warmer the water the longer the unit is on producing O2.

Do you have a DO meter to actually test your DO? To see if you’re winning or losing the O2 game.

What is your target DO Saturation that you want to accomplish that will satisfy the combined oxygen demand for your dual eco-system (all the plants, all the root balls and all the beneficial microbial colonies combined)?

By the way, Nano-bubbles remain in the water column an extremely long time compared to “the giant” micro bubbles and macro bubbles produced with air stones.

D

diogodasilva

I understand the O2Grow oxygenator cycles on and off intermittently and the cycling mechanism is strictly “temperature cycled.” The unit is in the “on cycle” longer generating pure oxygen/pure hydrogen when the warmer the water. The colder the water the longer the unit is in the “off cycle” producing no oxygen. The unit does not test, evaluate nor monitor the DO in the water nor is it cycled by the amount of DO in the water. The warmer the water the longer the unit is on producing O2.

Do you have a DO meter to actually test your DO? To see if you’re winning or losing the O2 game.

What is your target DO Saturation that you want to accomplish that will satisfy the combined oxygen demand for your dual eco-system (all the plants, all the root balls and all the beneficial microbial colonies combined)?

By the way, Nano-bubbles remain in the water column an extremely long time compared to “the giant” micro bubbles and macro bubbles produced with air stones.

The unit does not have any computing intelligence. It is either ON or OFF. You have to set it up on a cycle timer based on their instructions which calls for 2-3 hours of On time each day to maintain max DO based on your water temperature.

I run 6x 30min cycles/day as per instructions.

DO meters are expensive, can't afford them, the o2grow plates alone were a huge investment.
Also have a very short lifespan, hence why they ask only 4hr per day.
around 1600h if I am not mistaken.

If you were to run this 24/7 it would last only a little over 2 months. Huge investment for a disposable oxygenator.

If you run the emitter about 2-3 hours per day, everyday, you should be able to get about 16-24 months use.

Top Bottom