Tincture help 🤪

• Thread starter Pixie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pixie

Pixie

So this happened just now, I have been playing around cooking with this years ( First year) crop, brownies and banana bread 🤘 Doing great ! So decided to make Tincture... Followed everything to the letter, used 1 oz and a liter of Everclear 🤪. I don’t drink or smoke I am an edible girl, so I tried this tincture !!!!! Holy fuckin shitballs ... I put a dropper if it under my tongue and it felt like my shit was on fire. Lasted maybe 10 secs had to swallow it 🤪. Did I do something wrong or am I just a pussy ??? Waiting for the outcome 🤩

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Funny you posted this today. I made Tincture for the first time yesterday. 30g with 2.5 cups of 151 (can't get Everclear where I am). I decarbed, then there it in my infusing machine and it ran for over 4 hours. I then put it in a pot and reduced on low till I ended up with 1.5 cups.

Yes, it burns, but burns sooo nice ;) I ate a couple of gummies I also made, along with a Reese's cereal bar, so I was feeling pretty damn good at the time of completion, so I can't say much to potency yet. That's for later today with a clear head. According to my calculations, each dropper full has close to 20mg, hopefully that's true. We shall see....

Are you saying you didn't feel any effect or is it just the burn you're concerned with?

20191112 190039

Pixie

Pixie

Funny you posted this today. I made Tincture for the first time yesterday. 30g with 2.5 cups of 151 (can't get Everclear where I am). I decarbed, then there it in my infusing machine and it ran for over 4 hours. I then put it in a pot and reduced on low till I ended up with 1.5 cups.

Yes, it burns, but burns sooo nice ;) I ate a couple of gummies I also made, along with a Reese's cereal bar, so I was feeling pretty damn good at the time of completion, so I can't say much to potency yet. That's for later today with a clear head. According to my calculations, each dropper full has close to 20mg, hopefully that's true. We shall see....

Are you saying you didn't feel any effect or is it just the burn you're concerned with?

View attachment 910105
I was on my way to bed when I tried it just for taste purposes only did have an eye drop, I had tears in my eyes 🤪 This was going to be my choice of ingesting but Holy Christ !! Anyway to turn it down ???

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

The options are endless with cooking with it or adding to any drink. Plus the shelf life is incredible if stored properly.

rayi

rayi

I know I'm going to catch hell for this post. I put tinture in a mason jar and put the jar in the crock pot with water. Make sure you put a line on the jar and use the fan. When the tinture is about a quarter of what it was add vegetable glycerin to the line. You can use it this way or if you gently pour the glycerin in you can boil off more of the alcohol. Add glycerin if too strong in taste or potency

Pixie

Pixie

I know I'm going to catch hell for this post. I put tinture in a mason jar and put the jar in the crock pot with water. Make sure you put a line on the jar and use the fan. When the tinture is about a quarter of what it was add vegetable glycerin to the line. You can use it this way or if you gently pour the glycerin in you can boil off more of the alcohol. Add glycerin if too strong in taste or potency
Thank you so much, I have a quart of everclear tincture can I open it and add glycerin to that ? How ???’ 😎🤘

rayi

rayi

Don't think I would do a quart at a time. If the tinture has the correct potency for you and has been filtered. Put half a quart in a mason jar. Then place in a crock pot with water in it. I go with med heat. Use a fan remember alcohol is very flammable. Keep heating until 1/2 to 1/3 is gone. You can add glycerin to the original mark. You can also heat it more to get rid of more alcohol. When your done cool and put in dark bottles and enjoy

Galvatron

Galvatron

Just put your tincture dose in a small glass and add orange juice. Or, add your dose to your favorite cocktail. I don't care much for alcohol but what's not to like about a good screwdriver or bloody Mary?

Pixie

Pixie

Just put your tincture dose in a small glass and add orange juice. Or, add your dose to your favorite cocktail. I don't care much for alcohol but what's not to like about a good screwdriver or bloody Mary?
I was hoping for a quick ingestion, but ty so much for you input 🤘

Galvatron

Galvatron

In that case, chase the dose with a mouthful of anything. It's not necessary to absorbe it under the tongue. I make tincture in a Magical Butter machine using 1 bottle of 190 Everclear to 1 oz Bora Bora. It's a little "weak" but easy to figure dosing. I like 5ml or 1 tsp in a shot glass then fill with orange juice. Bottoms up!

Pixie

Pixie

In that case, chase the dose with a mouthful of anything. It's not necessary to absorbe it under the tongue. I make tincture in a Magical Butter machine using 1 bottle of 190 Everclear to 1 oz Bora Bora. It's a little "weak" but easy to figure dosing. I like 5ml or 1 tsp in a shot glass then fill with orange juice. Bottoms up!
Perfect 🤩

Dan789

Dan789

Thank you so much, I have a quart of everclear tincture can I open it and add glycerin to that ? How ???’ 😎🤘
I've done the boiling off of the alcohol, certainly not something to do inside...Also adding the VG and continuing to heat, ends up with something that may not be too palatable, and it gets a little gummy and the viscosity increases. My thoughts would be to just start off with the tincture using VG, then after 30 days or however long you "age" it, nothing to dick with. With what you have, either just cover with a cheese cloth and let some of the alcohol evap, maybe even just use it in a "tea", the higher proof alcohol's aren't too kind to your stomach either...
PS, my thoughts on the tea is that some of the alcohol evap's in the hot water. Good luck.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I only make mine with Glycerin. Instead of an edible, I fill a 00 sized capsule with it..just about 3 hrs later, I am asleep for the night. Also a dropper full under the tongue kicks me into another world. I use a Levo extractor (5 hrs worth at 165d F) and an Ardent Nova for decarbing. Beats the ole oven and crock pot to hell.

Tincture 12 7 18

Galvatron

Galvatron

Another way is to just infuse coconut oil. It's easy to spread a little on toast to get toasty. It's very versatile in recipes. tastes good, and lasts a long time in the fridge. Infused coconut oil is also a good ingredient for topicals.

Custom99

Custom99

I make my tinctures with Everclear. It is pretty rough but i I usually just put some in whatever I am drinking at the time. I got so used to it in drinks that liquids without any tincture in it just doesnt taste right.

Pixie

Pixie

I make my tinctures with Everclear. It is pretty rough but i I usually just put some in whatever I am drinking at the time. I got so used to it in drinks that liquids without any tincture in it just doesnt taste right.
How long does it usually take for effect? I did tincture to avoid the wait like from edibles .
Thank you 😊

Custom99

Custom99

I started with tinctures a year ago when i got my medical card. I dont like to smoke anything so i went this route. I have played around with dosages. It always took about 2 hours for the effect of a tincture. Over time i have played with dosages in my drinks. Coffee, soda, water, whiskey, etc. On average I take about 10 dosages of .50 ml. That keeps me just at the feel good stage all the time and then a little extra while hanging out at home in the evening to get me over the edge. I have done edibles also and they seem to take the same amount of time as the tincture for me. Hopefully this first grow works for me. I will experiment with edibles alot more if i get a good yield.

20191113 085128
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I started with tinctures a year ago when i got my medical card. I dont like to smoke anything so i went this route. I have played around with dosages. It always took about 2 hours for the effect of a tincture. Over time i have played with dosages in my drinks. Coffee, soda, water, whiskey, etc. On average I take about 10 dosages of .50 ml. That keeps me just at the feel good stage all the time and then a little extra while hanging out at home in the evening to get me over the edge. I have done edibles also and they seem to take the same amount of time as the tincture for me. Hopefully this first grow works for me. I will experiment with edibles alot more if i get a good yield.
Edibles are cool..EXCEPT that I gained 25 lbs..Bawhahahah
Went back to tincture (glycerin) in a 00 capsule and that acts lust like an edible..sans the fat factor..LOL

10 15 17 Choc Chip Macadmia
Cannaccino
Cookies and creme
Loaf
Loaf2

Pixie

Pixie

She is lovely 😊 Good luck and Thanks 😎

Top Bottom