Tinctures: alcohol- glycerine-MCT oil

• Thread starter Lp_jr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

I am trying the cold extraction now. First time making tincture. Declared trim and is now in the masons.

When you say trim do mean sugar leaves and shake?
Are you using fan leaves?
What method did you follow and how are you going to filter?
Trim, depending on your definition, may be less potent than bud/flower so you may have to do a pretty good reduction to concentrate the tincture for good potency

YnoTony

YnoTony

When you say trim do mean sugar leaves and shake?
Are you using fan leaves?
What method did you follow and how are you going to filter?
Trim, depending on your definition, may be less potent than bud/flower so you may have to do a pretty good reduction to concentrate the tincture for good potency
Sugar leaves, and broken up bud - shake

YnoTony

YnoTony

Sugar leaves, and broken up bud - shake
Oh. And I described the trimming. Then put that and everclear in mason jars. Let it sit for 2 days. Then I did the freezer for 5 hours shaking every hour..I used these cone shaped cloth rewashable coffee filter and they slow strained for like an hour. It came out very clean.
1 or 2 tablespoons works. I took 2tbls. 1oz and my friends took 1 and felt it ok. But the girl who put 1oz in a glass like a rum and coke was rocked. That was my first time making it. So it was pretty good .

IMG 20210919 165951 508
IMG 20210919 165921 056
IMG 20210919 165620 542
Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

Oh. And I described the trimming. Then put that and everclear in mason jars. Let it sit for 2 days. Then I did the freezer for 5 hours shaking every hour..I used these cone shaped cloth rewashable coffee filter and they slow strained for like an hour. It came out very clean.
1 or 2 tablespoons works. I took 2tbls. 1oz and my friends took 1 and felt it ok. But the girl who put 1oz in a glass like a rum and coke was rocked. That was my first time making it. So it was pretty good .

You can learn reduction and make infused products
IMG 20210917 124834
IMG 20210917 124849
IMG 20210912 114421
IMG 20210912 115020
IMG 20210812 183131
IMG 20210729 104443

Here is some of the stuff I make
Peach sorbet, then A frozen apple compote that you put in warm syrup and in this case over French toast
Also the tincture I used
Made videos of some of it

BizzyBe

BizzyBe

Tincandtoke - where can I learn to reduce alcohol tinctures? I have a tincture I made with 151 Everclear that I heat-extracted using a Magical Butter Machine. I try to reduce it to about 20% of the original volume, keeping it just about 260F on an electric burner, so the alcohol burns off but the THC isn't damaged. But I get thin liquid and gobs of brownish goo. And the goo mostly sticks to the non-stick pan. How do I get something uniform that I can use for gummies?

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke - where can I learn to reduce alcohol tinctures? I have a tincture I made with 151 Everclear that I heat-extracted using a Magical Butter Machine. I try to reduce it to about 20% of the original volume, keeping it just about 260F on an electric burner, so the alcohol burns off but the THC isn't damaged. But I get thin liquid and gobs of brownish goo. And the goo mostly sticks to the non-stick pan. How do I get something uniform that I can use for gummies?

You have water in your reduction from the lower proof alcohol
Psychedelic Sam on Grass City has a thorough explanation
Basically you draw off the water and add a little bit more alcohol to reconstitute your glob then finish reducing, this time only a tiny bit of water will be left to draw off, there's more to it
Check Sam's thread though so you can get the whole procedure

Top Bottom