• Thread starter redog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redog

Pot farm near University of Memphis tunneled beneath property

By Christopher Conley
Posted December 23, 2009 at midnight

From the street, the one-story brick home on the quiet street near the University of Memphis gives no hint that a secret pot farm flourished underneath the floorboards.
But that's what Memphis Police Organized Crime Unit officers found when they raided the home at 3431 Douglass following a tip Monday from a concerned citizen about a "marijuana grow."
Inside the house, officers uncovered a secret tunnel -- accessed through a trap door -- that led to a sophisticated underground pot farm.
Through the trap door, a 50-foot carpeted tunnel led to a work area under the home, complete with a ventilation system, fans and air conditioners.
The tunnel also led to the rear of the residence, where two additional passageways were found.
Officers seized about $150,000 worth of marijuana -- 30 pounds of processed pot and 23 plants -- along with scales, grow lights, fertilizer and other indications of a pot farm.
Police had not charged anyone Tuesday night, but said arrests are imminent. They issued an arrest warrant on marijuana charges on Monday for 68-year-old Bobby Brock, 3431 Douglass. He is described as a white man with gray hair and hazel eyes, standing 5-feet-8 and weighing 160 pounds.

"It's shocking to hear there was some giant underground complex" beneath the house directly across the street from him, neighbor John Mensi said.
But, come to think of it, he said, an unusual number of people would walk up to the house, knock on the door and wait.
He described the resident of the house as an elderly man. Another neighbor described him as a "Farmer John type."
"There are other neighbors I would suspect more than him," Mensi said.
He said the house was vacant for a long time. Then, the current resident showed up and made some superficial repairs, patching the roof, for one thing.
"He seemed like a nice older gentleman," Mensi said.

In March, Shelby County Sheriff's Office Narcotics and Street Crimes bureaus found a marijuana farm following a raid at two houses.
They found an indoor marijuana farm at 142 Rembert that included timers, transformers, a watering system, dehumidifiers, air filters and reflective wall coverings. The 20 high-pressure, 1,000-watt sodium lights used in the operation were powered by electricity illegally tapped from a nearby utility pole.
As part of his three-year sentence following a guilty plea, Robert Colio, 52, was required to pay restitution to Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division of nearly $20,000. His son-in-law, Yordanis Ruiz, 34, who also pleaded guilty, was also sentenced to three years in prison.

Tip leads to underground pot bust
Tip leads to underground pot bust 2
R

Rolln J

"They found an indoor marijuana farm at 142 Rembert that included timers, transformers, a watering system, dehumidifiers, air filters and reflective wall coverings."

lol NO SHIT - they found TIMERS?

L

Lost

"They found an indoor marijuana farm at 142 Rembert that included timers, transformers, a watering system, dehumidifiers, air filters and reflective wall coverings."

lol NO SHIT - they found TIMERS?

Good thing the meth heads didn't get ahold of those timers!! Wait a minute...

M

mrdizzle

seriously thou, lets all bail this dude out and have him teach us how to build a grow op underground.

S

splakow

im wit u dizzle set him free.
dude u always hear bout pot caves in the mid west lol smart dudes

H

HypnoToad

Why can't nosy neighbors just shut the fuck up, and mind their own business? Pot farms and Meth houses are not the same thing! People like those nosy "asshole" neighbors are a good part of the reason we live in such a neutered society.

Those guys aren't getting busted for growing weed, they're getting busted for having balls. Shame on them.

But seriously, if we could propagate our seeds the way they propagate fear, ignorance, and intolerance, the world would be overrun with weed, and everyone would be stoned all the God Damn time.

And lastly, if all those responsible for said bust please look over here, and take the time to observe that my middle finger is extended on each hand.

Yes, Douche bags, those are for you.

I would like to convey my finest of all fine "Fuck You's" to all said participants. If you should feel the need to open your little eager "Man Pleaser's" that you call a mouth, please feel free to skip the middle man (which some of you call "small talk"), and move right on to shutting the fuck up again. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars, just please shut the fuck up, and mind your own business. If not, I will be forced to outline my meticulous procedure for having backhand yourself with my hand whilst I stand there, bathed in the utter contempt that I usually only save for Parking Enforcement.

HT

S

ShorelineTex

Wow...big props to TN! First you send us Davy Crockett, then the pot cave, and now this! You Tennessee folks know how to do it right...except for the dying at the Alamo and getting busted twice parts. But DAAAAAAMN! A+++++++++ for effort.

S

SweetIslandFunk

wasn't there another bust in tn not to long ago
popularly know at the TC cave? I dont think this was the same one,
I heard that the TC cave people were pullin in a few mill every few months.
now that was badass

C

Crackerass

Premium Member
Supporter
TN is number two in the US next to cali for growing weed.... we get down here haha

S

SSHZ

I'm shocked they aren't arresting all Ace Hardware employees for selling those "illegal" timers..........

S

ScarabGlass

I think there should be a ban placed on anything with a reflective surface. It has the potential to reflect light onto an illegal plant.

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

"But seriously, if we could propagate our seeds the way they propagate fear, ignorance, and intolerance, the world would be overrun with weed, and everyone would be stoned all the God Damn time."

I hear ya HypnoToad!! How true that is, how truuuee that is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom