Tips for a quality cloning gel?

• Thread starter Gandalf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gandalf

Heya,

I will be needing soon a (quality) rooting hormone/gel.
I browsed the web and this is what I came up with (to my needs):

• The obvious Clonex Gel
  • Dutch Master Replicator
  • Rootech Gel
  • Dolly's Cloning Gel (anyone been using it?)

I need a small container of up to 100ml.

On what will you go?
Recommendations/experience/tips will be greatly appreciated.
G.

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

I like and have used Rootech with nearly 100% success, have used RT with rapid rooters, peat pucks, and right into soil and all work'd fine, jus learned from a farmer it doesn't take much gel to be successful, I was using to much and getting a thick/fat base of newly rooted clones, also scoring the lower portion of the clone prior to dipping on all sides is somethin I jus started trying and it really gives you more area to grow roots from, i'd say its more important than the 45deg cut, hope this helps, Peace SSP

Melvan

Melvan

Gandalf, you know I'm a cutting freak. I only use Clonex. Remember that experiment Budculese and I are were doing rooting in soil? He used nothing, Mel's Gold died, I used Clonex, I was transplanting Bud's Hog in like 10 days and she's vegging right now under the T5.

G

Green Supreme

I like Wilson's Roots. Since they took No Damp off the market, I like something with a bit if fungicide in it. Peace GS

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

I've used Clonex and Rootech and both have worked for me,but I choose to go with the Rootech for the price as it's a bit cheaper and I like that the gel is a little thicker than clonex!!

F

FairyDust

Personally I would have to agree, the Rootech is a bargain for the price.

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

I use clonex olivias and the Dutch rep they all work it's all kinda the same only thing I will say is the Dutch after having it for about 2 months turned into a liquid it's not a gel anymore... Stick with clonex or olivias

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

I've used dip'n'grow for years with a 99% success rate. I just started using the Botanicare power clone and gel and for close to $40 it doesn't work any better than the $10 dip'n'grow. Not to mention it lasts for years of cuttings.

G

Gandalf

Thank you friends for the kind replies!

Mel, I'm oh-so-tempted to get the Clonex gel.
I've been using it back in the old days, and it really rocked and I was satisfied with it.

However, I think this time I'll go with the Rootech gel.
ppl heartily recommend it, and it's interesting to find out how it'll work for me.
(tho it would have been uber cool to use the Replicator on the Romulans.. :smiley_joint: )

Before I close the deal and head to the hydro shop, I'll ask again -
anyone in here with experience using the Dolly's gel?
Who manufactures it? I googled and googled and could not come up with the manufacturer.

Top Bottom