Tips For To Hot Of A(cloning) Heat Mat.

• Thread starter Dr kabuki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

I have 5 heat mats going right now and I am having a dickens of a time keeping the mats from getting too hot. I want to keep them around 77 - 85 degrees .does
anyone have any ideas on what to put on the bottom between mat and tray?
ps. I tried bamboo sticks already .didnt work.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Cardboard, towel, or pieces of wood about an inch thick. I put water in the bottom of my clone dome and then directly on the mat. The evaporation keeps the dome around 80*.

Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

Cardboard, towel, or pieces of wood about an inch thick. I put water in the bottom of my clone dome and then directly on the mat. The evaporation keeps the dome around 80*.
Hi Enforcer
Do you use water and 1 inch piece of wood together?

xeamonk

xeamonk

why not try layers of cardboard? each layer provides a certain degree of heat dampening, Ive grown fond of that foam core poser board they sell, i use it for lots of stuff, but regular corrugated cardboard should work fine

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Foam insulation board. Least likely to harbor bacteria from moisture. Some materials may absorb water. I know my dome drips. I would invest in thermostats. I use thermostat with 1020 tray directly on top of mat. Thermo/hydrometer inside dome. Temps in the dome stay within 2° of the thermostat controller. They are fairly cheap on Amazon.

Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

Foam insulation board. Least likely to harbor bacteria from moisture. Some materials may absorb water. I know my dome drips. I would invest in thermostats. I use thermostat with 1020 tray directly on top of mat. Thermo/hydrometer inside dome. Temps in the dome stay within 2° of the thermostat controller. They are fairly cheap on Amazon.

hey, old smoke
On the foam insulation board?... Is it 1 inch thick?
Can you send a picture of one of those thermostats, please?

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

hey, old smoke
Can you send a picture of one of those thermostats, please?[/QUOTE
hey, old smoke
Can you send a picture of one of those thermostats, please?
The temp/hydrometer or the heating mat thermometer? Search "seedling heating mat" on Amazon and you'll find the mats with thermometers included. Maybe just "seedling mat thermostat" in the search bar.

IMG 20180710 234923113

Latest posts

Top Bottom