Tips on topping and defoliating for main colas?!

• Thread starter GroovinGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GroovinGrows

GroovinGrows

Hello everyone, I am currently running a 2 plant grow in a 2x4 grow tent. I have one Sativa (Strawberry Cough) and one Indica (GDP) on day 5 of week 1. My main goal is to honestly have a few branches with large main colas. With that being said, does anybody have some good rule of thumbs on how many nodes they aim for Sativas and indicas until topping. And any tips on how they defoliate when they prepare these strains for flower?
Uploaded photo is my strawberry cough Sativa that is growing pretty quickly and has a lot of nodes shooting out.
Tips on topping and defoliating for main colas

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hello everyone, I am currently running a 2 plant grow in a 2x4 grow tent. I have one Sativa (Strawberry Cough) and one Indica (GDP) on day 5 of week 1. My main goal is to honestly have a few branches with large main colas. With that being said, does anybody have some good rule of thumbs on how many nodes they aim for Sativas and indicas until topping. And any tips on how they defoliate when they prepare these strains for flower?
Uploaded photo is my strawberry cough Sativa that is growing pretty quickly and has a lot of nodes shooting out. View attachment 1114766
Hey g , your using the grow tent and putting her outside ? Or did you just put her outside for a better photo under sunlight ?
Are your plants reg photoperiod , feminized or autos ?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Also , why are you calling the strawberry cough sativa ? Is that what the seed vendor labeled it as ? Because I wouldn't call that one sativa necessarily , she looks like a 75 / 25 hybrid , she dosent have a true sativa structure and she growing quite stout for a true sativa ...
What kind if light is she growing under ?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Uploaded photo is my strawberry cough Sativa that is growing pretty quickly and has a lot of nodes shooting out. View attachment 1114766
She's ready to top now

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
either it was rootbound in a solo cup and just transplanted or she’s been stressed, as there are no side branches, root issues, probably watered too frequently..

GroovinGrows

GroovinGrows

Hey g , your using the grow tent and putting her outside ? Or did you just put her outside for a better photo under sunlight ?
Are your plants reg photoperiod , feminized or autos ?
I guess I forgot to mention they are just heft sized clones 😂 but they are photoperiods!

GroovinGrows

GroovinGrows

Also , why are you calling the strawberry cough sativa ? Is that what the seed vendor labeled it as ? Because I wouldn't call that one sativa necessarily , she looks like a 75 / 25 hybrid , she dosent have a true sativa structure and she growing quite stout for a true sativa ...
What kind if light is she growing under ?
Just to specify which one is the Sativa and which is the Indica. Just a clone taken from the top of a late veg plant. Growing under 2 tmlapy full spectrum light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom