Tips On What To Add To Promix? ProMix Amendment Recipe

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

been wondering what would be good to add to promix as in bone meal and other amendments not been having luck with the medium in the past but trying to turn that around going to have to do a slur test every week to make sure my ph is where I want it

G

G3n3tiK

To make a growing amendment for cannabis similar to the brand name Pro Mix, you'll need to combine other ingredients such as perlite, fertilizer, limestone etc with peat moss.

Peat moss is a natural material that can hold water and nutrients, making it an ideal choice for growing weed. Pro Mix is a type of professional grade potting mix that contains organic matter and perlite, which helps to aerate the soil and improve drainage. When combined, these two materials make an excellent growing medium for cannabis.

The mix most people know about is BX. Bx is 75-85% sphagnum, vermiculite, dolomite, perlite, and calcitic limestone. Unlike what people tell you it's not the same as just grabbing some peat moss and call it a day, so don't believe them. What you can do however is start with a base of peat moss and build your own amendment recipe to make it more effective.

PRO-MIX is a peat-based, chunk coir with perlite 'soilless' medium for growing, like a super soil but not a soil.

What are the ingredients of ProMix?
  • Canadian sphagnum peat moss
  • Peat humus
  • Water-absorbent polymer
  • Perlite
  • Limestone
  • Controlled release fertilizer
  • Mycorrhizae- PTB297 Technology
Do you need to add fertilizer after ProMix?

Although ProMix has its own fertilizer to help plants start out, you should begin to add your own after 7-10 days of planting. You also take into account your water quality, strain and the stage of plant growth.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FrostyleavesLA

First of all Pro Mix is peat-based and is ideal for indoor and outdoor cannabis, seed starting, and other gardening applications. Using carefully selected ingredients, you can expect vigorous growth, better moisture management, better nutrient uptake, larger root systems, and healthier plants.

J

JohnTheDank

The Pro Mix moisture mix contains Sphagnum peat moss (80-90%), natural coco coir fiber, perlite, ground limestone (for pH), mycorrhizae, and an undisclosed wetting agent. There is less peat in organic garden mixes, but gypsum is also included. A mixture of Canadian sphagnum peat moss, peat humus, perlite, limestone, and mycorrhizae (PTB297 technology) is included in the Pro Mix All-Purpose Mix.

F

FrostyleavesLA

Price:
The 2 cubic foot bag of compressed soil from Pro Mix was only $12.88 at Walmart, compared to over $20 for Miracle Gro mix at Lowes or Home Depot.

Quality:
It has a better texture, composition, and cleanliness than Miracle Gro potting mix

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Im making the switch to coco i ran promix for ever but there is something funny with it now i feel like this last years bails had a hard time maintaining ph.
But dolamite lime is a must in promix
wow mind reader lol seems to of got worse and worse over time I just got a new batch of it but no clue how long it been on the shelf

how should I go about adding the dolomite lime just take some and shake it over the top or mix it in to the soil as in a big batch

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Im making the switch to coco i ran promix for ever but there is something funny with it now i feel like this last years bails had a hard time maintaining ph.
But dolamite lime is a must in promix

u say u been using it for a long time u think they been putting more and more trash in the mix I used to think I was just seeing stuff but over time I can pick tons of like what I think is building demo in there seeing more of that green plastic and the shiny tiny chunks it looks like it was on some wall backer

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
u say u been using it for a long time u think they been putting more and more trash in the mix I used to think I was just seeing stuff but over time I can pick tons of like what I think is building demo in there seeing more of that green plastic and the shiny tiny chunks it looks like it was on some wall backer
I dont know what it is but its not the same i used to kill it with promix some castings some powderd lime and floranova now om constantly chasing ph drift . im gonn do botanicar coco with castings in it

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I dont know what it is but its not the same i used to kill it with promix some castings some powderd lime and floranova now om constantly chasing ph drift . im gonn do botanicar coco with castings in it
u darn near got me about to toss this new shit out maybe return them and get something new but not sure what I want to do

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

if yall ever read the back of a bag of spagrum peat moss,you will notice it is pro mix, so treat the promix the same way as peat moss,and amend for it,,instead of using a bunch of lime add oyster shell meal has same effect but doesnt leech as quick,,im leave it at that,cause i dont believe in the blood and bone meals,,better options with kelp,alfalfa,azomite ,oyster shell flour,and crustians for chittin,,and main ingreidant in all mixes ewc,just keep in mind to build it were you get a quick release in the begining and also mid to slow releasers for flowering stages

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

thought lime takes for ever to kick in like a month
lime adjust ph to a nuetral 7.0,if your using promix or peat moss you will need it,,thats the reasoning behind all the amends i mentioned and there is more,think about it this way,both peat and pro both are peatmoss,,promix adds some difrent things to it which they call bx and a buch others ,there just amends that they put in the moss,,lime is a fertilizer but it does leach out pretty quick with you feeding the mix,,you want to add amends that have slow release or mid range release,,lime is fast,,oyster shell flour is fast also but doesnt leach as much and is more effective in the flower stage in my opinion for the calcium magnesieium this plants thrives

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

right right I get what u are saying I was reading a lot of bags to day all seem to have the same stuff in it just in a dif order lol
so when u saying leaching out pretty fast do u mean that it will be active fast when watering ??
I suck so bad as this I have no clue
I thought when it said takes a month to active it mean it had to get watered over and over tell it would go in to effect

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

right right I get what u are saying I was reading a lot of bags to day all seem to have the same stuff it just in a dif order lol
so when u saying leaching out pretty fast do u mean that it will be active fast when watering ??
I thought when it said takes a month to active it mean it had to get watered over and over tell it would go in to effect
most folks build soil a ingrediant we all use is ag lime,it is a fertilizer,it just the amount you put in that make or break it,,as far as i know you cant burn plants using ag-lime,,but yes it does leech out pretty quick,in pots,,if your in a garden it just goes deeper in the soil,what im talking about is in pots,let me see if i can find a chart that might help you in building soilhttp://www.lundproduce.com/N-P-K-Value-of-Everything.html eco posted this this morning

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

right right I get what u are saying I was reading a lot of bags to day all seem to have the same stuff in it just in a dif order lol
You could try a good compost tea not only will that be extremely beneficial for your soil and plants but it will stabilize your pH at neutral.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

You could try a good compost tea not only will that be extremely beneficial for your soil and plants but it will stabilize your pH at neutral.
I every now and thing make ewc tea like I said im so newb I don't know what im doing so I do the ez way to do it all adding more of something just fs me n the a lol

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

since your using promix why not just use coots clackmass recipe,has all the measurment and all,organix has the shit down pack and would be glad to help,,i use 1.1.1 mix myself and amend,1 part compost,1 part animal manure 1 part peatmoss,,i then amend lime,oyster shell flour,crab meal for chitton and chitason,alfalfa meal,azomite ,ewc.,and bio char charged in kamino,ewc ,comfrey,fish emulsions,bio media,bio intate ,the charge soaks for 2 weeks,and i add to my compost

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

most folks build soil a ingrediant we all use is ag lime,it is a fertilizer,it just the amount you put in that make or break it,,as far as i know you cant burn plants using ag-lime,,but yes it does leech out pretty quick,in pots,,if your in a garden it just goes deeper in the soil,what im talking about is in pots,let me see if i can find a chart that might help you in building soilhttp://www.lundproduce.com/N-P-K-Value-of-Everything.html eco posted this this morning
there is so much going on there don't even know what to take of that

Top Bottom