Tips On What To Add To Promix? ProMix Amendment Recipe

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

this is false the earth juice line needs to be ph adjusted it drops the ph to like a 4 in my parts

this is what I did after talking to him not sure if u seen it

I took pro mix right out the bag took my water gave it nutes took it to 4.1 then I poured it un ph in to the promix let it set 30 min tested it was 5.8 then tested a hour later was the same

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

what now im trying to under stand is if I as I do have hard water its full of cal mag iron
but yet my plants are having a hard time with cal mag im wonder if bc I was using the ph up it was changing the water in a way I clearly don't under stand

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I said I had not used it and to contact the manufacturer when the ph was mentioned above too.

Thanks for reposting the correction.

so was that the info u asked for or what not sure if that is the number u are looking for

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sorry. I have out of state guest showed up today. I will be very busy the next couple weeks and in and out.

I will review that report.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Your water is good. I don't know why the ph is so high there is low calcium and magnesium. But the nutes should take care of that. I say that because there are other reasons it gets locked out and is all in the calcium link I provided.

The number I was looking for is missing from the report. Total hardness. But a ppm meter will tell you enough at this point. Seems like good water but may need calcium and magnesium supplementation (maybe the microblast) (I don't know what is in the different bottles so it is difficult to advise).

And I don't know how much iron but that would be in a micro or cal mag product usually.

That is why you need to learn how the nutrients work.

Here is a good basic page with info.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/nutrients

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Your water is good. I don't know why the ph is so high there is low calcium and magnesium. But the nutes should take care of that. I say that because there are other reasons it gets locked out and is all in the calcium link I provided.

The number I was looking for is missing from the report. Total hardness. But a ppm meter will tell you enough at this point. Seems like good water but may need calcium and magnesium supplementation (maybe the microblast) (I don't know what is in the different bottles so it is difficult to advise).

And I don't know how much iron but that would be in a micro or cal mag product usually.

That is why you need to learn how the nutrients work.

Here is a good basic page with info.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/nutrients

plz don't freak out on me if im wrong plz

wondering it said hardness was like 9.4-10 that is hard right and if its hard that means its full of cal mag n iron would/shouldn't I have tons of it for the plants

I posted the hardness for u but it was not with that set of number it was before

im getting water ready now im giving them grow .med k. cal/mag (and thinking a lil doss of microblast) for the iron and boron

the cal/mag its self is full of salt should I cut back on that bc of the microblast ?

this weekend Im praying I have a lil spending money so I can get a water test from walmart 45$

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I missed that. I saw blank where total hardness was on the report.

You should not be adding cal mag. 150 ppm is perfect base water. I would only add more calcium or mag if I was clear that was deficient in the soil.

Needed less than half the recomended 5 ml to clear up my problem. I have some of the calcium I need in the water but not enough available when the plants need it.

I tried more with 1 plant it was too much.

So maybe you only need a little. But you have to start with none to know. And I still think it may be in the microblast. I have to sleep so I can't look it up now.

Too much calcium will cause all kinds of problems. Too little causes spots on leaf and then big necrosis patches that take over the plant pretty fast if not corrected.

Unless I also missed you are in coco. I know it requires extra cal mag but I have never grown in it.

Good luck tinderthumbs. I never meant to freak out. Just explain why trying others suggestions without knowing what is going on is useless.

There are so many variables. It can be very frustrating.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

na not in coco but a soil less mix ph still has to be low but don't think its the same with how coco lacks in cal mag but don't think the pro mix is much different with its self not having nute

good night sleep well

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

well holy crap I think they are seemly happy lot of color has come back on some where the worst need a stronger doss but think they might have a full turn a run lol lets see how that worked

not sure if its the not phing and letting the lime do its job

or not using the ph up n down chem

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

It has been real it has been fun...

Watching you in the threads for the past year. So many mentors have thrown that towel in.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I have faith you will get it down. It all starts clicking and making sense then you re read things and they all make perfect sense.

dextr0

dextr0

Sure. I’m interested in what you would do or what you’ve got to say.

E

Elevated

Kind of interesting to here are these slow breakdown ingredients, more of a TLO style, for coco/ pro mix. My reasoning when I grow coco is to directly feed soluble nutrients that uptake immediately, that you are in control. For one of ph, ppm and npk, etc. I think it's cool people are experimenting with these different methods. I am into production of consistent quality and quality that can be produced commercially. The reason farmers go hydro/ soil less is generally is for control and production. If just getting into coco ur me be good to keep in mind coco puts the control in your hands. I personally like 30%coco chips and 70% coco coir as mix. Rio coco make open top bags that are awesome. You can also use perlite to achieve porosity. I think if organic is your method of feeding coco making teas of guano and kelp with elevations organic cal mag would be great! I'm stoked to here everyone's ideas

E

Elevated

I'm just reading this, your Organickz is setting you up for organic chemistry lesson. Nitrogen when unstable and breaking down if turns to gas will kill your plants. If using this, plant when soil is completely cool, especially babys or teens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom