Tired and confused

• Thread starter Moneystacs74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Moneystacs74

I’ve been growing this cheese exodus for the last 3 weeks it’s been doing fine 30 inches away from 1000 watt led grow temp 78 day 71 night, it’s growing in FFOF in a fabric pot, the pictures are from week one to currently the new growth is starting to yellow and I’m not understanding this issue my whole last month plant was thrown away because of this can anyone help me early so I don’t have to suffer through that anymore

Tired and confused
Tired and confused 2
Tired and confused 3
Tired and confused 4
Tired and confused 5
Tired and confused 6
Tired and confused 7
Tired and confused 8
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I’ve been growing this cheese exodus for the last 3 weeks it’s been doing fine 30 inches away from 1000 watt led grow temp 78 day 71 night, it’s growing in FFOF in a fabric pot, the pictures are from week one to currently the new growth is starting to yellow and I’m not understanding this issue my whole last month plant was thrown away because of this can anyone help me early so I don’t have to suffer through that anymore
are you feeding the plant anything other than water?

M

Moneystacs74

are you feeding the plant anything other than water?
Yes I used 2 mg of Cali magic 1mg floranova grow 1 mg rapid start .5mg of mammoth P in a gallon, Ppm was about 450, this was the last feeding 2 days ago because I looked and they where yellow like this

BB010305 8657 4289 BACF 335D04EDCA8B
99F3479A 5B68 48EE 89FE 08CC4FC2AD4D
35ECA241 29E4 41BD 9004 B7921FDDDE9F
az2000

az2000

How do you water? Some of those photos looked like part of the soil was wet, part dry. Are you drenching the soil (enough for runoff), then letting it dry before watering again? Or, constantly adding water?

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yes I used 2 mg of Cali magic 1mg floranova grow 1 mg rapid start .5mg of mammoth P in a gallon, Ppm was about 450, this was the last feeding 2 days ago because I looked and they where yellow like this
i didnt know mammoth p was used in veg,isnt it a flower boaster/steriods for blooming plants,i even looked back and these are 3 week old plants right? if so id say they coming along great,i wouldnt add that boaster to you flower bro,just my opinion because i dont force feed,as a kid hated the shit out of cabbage,damn mom slap the dog shit out of me till i did wasting food wasnt a happening thing in the 60"s

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I've been using ffof for several years, I would stop feeding everything, use only 6.5 water. For starts tell us what is the PPM of your tapwater and as asked above how are you adjusting pH?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I agree your watering needs to be corrected but I don't think that's what's killing your plants

I've been using ffof for several years and have never seen anything like that. I would stop feeding everything, use only 6.5 water.

What is the PPM of your water and how are you adjusting pH?

I don't know anything about LED lights but maybe you should ask somebody who does if they're too close, although I'm not thinking thats light burn you should at least eliminate it as a possibility

Edit: the closest pictures I could come up with online would suggest this is either a sulphur or iron issue caused by improper pH, but I could be wrong because I've never seen or had either, maybe somebody more familiar with this issue will weigh in ?

Screenshot 20190720 083325 Chrome

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Running into some trouble working the site for some reason this morning

this is the image I was trying to add above, this is iron deficiency and what I suspect you have going on

Screenshot 20190720 084018 Google

How do you calibrate your pH meter?

Last edited:
Seraphine

Seraphine

I use LEDs and 30” away from canopy is fine. As I said before, that looks like pH problems. It likely nutrient lock out due to incorrect pH. Any liquid (plain water too) that goes into the soil should be pH’d appropriately. When I grew in soil, I used to pH between 6.5 and 6.8. If he pH is too high or too low, the roots will not be able to uptake the nutrients causing the plant to express symptoms of nutrient defiency. Also make sure you’re watering thoroughly when you water or feed.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Your plants are WAT too small to be needing fed. Dumping stuff into the water shouldn't be needed until the plant gets much bigger, not necessarily older. Once they get the size of a small redwood, you can turn up the feedbag, but until then I think you will be chasing your tail trying to determine if it is overfed, overwatered, underfed/watered, not to mention PH issues that can be caused by some nutrients and supplements. A small plant takes a tiny amount of nutrients, and feeding too much doesn't make it fat and sassy like a baby would get from overfeeding.

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

If you're watering every 3 days try 5 if you're watering every 5 days try 7 then you'll know for sure it's not that, if it's not PH, not over or under nutting... what else could it be? I'm not saying it's that but I had the same thing happen grew supe fast for a week or two then slowed down and stopped and started to express issues... it was overwatering for me, I'm not an expert by any means but it's possibility.

az2000

az2000

Mammoth P is being used. Excessive P will interfere with zinc availability. (That can look like the iron def. I'm just going by a chart. I've never seen that happen. Just throwing it out there.).

M

Moneystacs74

How do you water? Some of those photos looked like part of the soil was wet, part dry. Are you drenching the soil (enough for runoff), then letting it dry before watering again? Or, constantly adding water?
I had a problem with

I was lightly watering with no run off, yesterday I fully watered the soil at 6.5 plain water and got an run off of 1500ppm and 5.7 run off I flushed until it was 6.2 and 800ppm

M

Moneystacs74

i didnt know mammoth p was used in veg,isnt it a flower boaster/steriods for blooming plants,i even looked back and these are 3 week old plants right? if so id say they coming along great,i wouldnt add that boaster to you flower bro,just my opinion because i dont force feed,as a kid hated the shit out of cabbage,damn mom slap the dog shit out of me till i did wasting food wasnt a happening thing in the 60"s
I wS using it based on the label and I’ll stop I think you’re completely right and they are 28 days

Top Bottom