Tired and confused

• Thread starter Moneystacs74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Moneystacs74

I agree your watering needs to be corrected but I don't think that's what's killing your plants

I've been using ffof for several years and have never seen anything like that. I would stop feeding everything, use only 6.5 water.

What is the PPM of your water and how are you adjusting pH?

I don't know anything about LED lights but maybe you should ask somebody who does if they're too close, although I'm not thinking thats light burn you should at least eliminate it as a possibility

Edit: the closest pictures I could come up with online would suggest this is either a sulphur or iron issue caused by improper pH, but I could be wrong because I've never seen or had either, maybe somebody more familiar with this issue will weigh in ?

View attachment 882258
PHED it to 6.2 and Ppm 800 now it was 5.7 Ann’s over 1500

M

Moneystacs74

Your plants are WAT too small to be needing fed. Dumping stuff into the water shouldn't be needed until the plant gets much bigger, not necessarily older. Once they get the size of a small redwood, you can turn up the feedbag, but until then I think you will be chasing your tail trying to determine if it is overfed, overwatered, underfed/watered, not to mention PH issues that can be caused by some nutrients and supplements. A small plant takes a tiny amount of nutrients, and feeding too much doesn't make it fat and sassy like a baby would get from overfeeding.
So another few weeks before feed

Seraphine

Seraphine

A lot of organic matter in soil will lower the pH so I have a feeling that adding nutrients and then adjusting the water pH lowered the pH at the root zone below the appropriate pH required for soil. This caused your nutrient lockout. Plain water pH’d 6.5-6.8 should fix that. It’s been a while since I’ve used FFOF and grew in soil but I I think the amendments already added to the soil should hold you over for at least a month.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
So another few weeks before feed
Fox Farms is pre loaded with all of the nutrients you should need for the first two months of growth, or more. Cal-Mag shouldn't be needed unless you have very high alkalinity water or using RO or distilled water. Most tap water is OK, although big city water, like Miami, have so many chemicals in it that it isn't fit for washing your car, let alone a plant! Once you get the basics of growing, then you can try adding your personal touches to your grow, such as specialized nutrients and other things that you may or may not want to try.
My biggest advice from decades of growing is to judge products by their contents and actions. Pretty graphics and high prices don't change the needs of the plant. Less is truly better, especially if you are new to growing. I know that you want to get the biggest and fattest buds possible. Plenty of light and a good growing medium is the main needs. Even using a regular store bought 20-20-20 fertilizer in a nutrient-less medium at half the recommended doses will get you great results with enough light and root space. The hardest part is restraint and patience.

az2000

az2000

I was lightly watering with no run off, yesterday I fully watered the soil at 6.5 plain water and got an run off of 1500ppm and 5.7 run off I flushed until it was 6.2 and 800ppm

For me, 1500 ppm runoff isn't bad. 2000 would start to be bad. But, this may vary by soil & fertilizer. (I don't measure my runoff ph anymore. But, 5.7 doesn't sound bad to me. Using a soil ph probe, the ph goes through a full point or more range from wet to dry.). My guess is you were creating an imbalanced NPK ratio using Mammoth P. Maybe also some dry spots in the soil if you were giving the plant sips around the stalk. (It's difficult to water a small plant in a large container. You worry about keeping it too wet. But, then dry spots can occur if the whole thing isn't drenched enough to create runoff.).

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Something's very wrong, and whereas you said the same thing happen to the plant before this one and you threw it away, I suspect something you're doing is causing it, need more info, start re: calibration of meter, ppm of tapwater and everything you're feeding and spraying

Top Bottom