Tired of no-pops from seed companies-vent

• Thread starter HunterBrandon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jose7070

Jose7070

I'm learning the hard way that seed banks are mainly a rip off. Why is the "no pop" ratio so high with expensive "store bought" seeds while my own seeds that I breed pop almost 100%???

Purchased from MSNL: 10 pack of NYC Deisel - Not one popped, 10 pack of Northern Lights - only 2 popped, one male one female, 10 pack of Super Skunk - Not one popped. Most of the rest of the order did pop plus the free seeds.

Just purchased 3 pack of Hawaiian Snow from Green House Seed Co (through North Atlantic Seed Co), all three no pop.

Not only is this a huge waste of money but the time it takes to find out over and over they're duds really pisses me off.

I did not have this problem in the old days when I ordered from Nirvana. No duds ever.

Take a look at this seed pack from Green House Seed Co. There was no label on the pack so how did they know what these were? Supposedly Hawaiin Snow but doesn't matter what they were because not one popped. Also says since 1985. Maybe selling seeds from 1985 is too old.

View attachment 1213219View attachment 1213220

And another thing. Why are all store bought seeds little tiny wimpy mini seeds? I have never ever once since I started growing again, received what I would consider to be a healthy seed. Big with tiger stripes sometimes, like my breeds. Never ever from a seed co. They are all tiny underdeveloped looking seeds, every one, every seed company. There's no excuse for this and the fact that they send them out the door is criminal.

I'm going to conclude that the seed industry is no longer viable, and all seed companies are rip offs.
I got some square 1 crosses with wedding cake X Tropicana,banana butter cups , blueberry fritter , nana sorbet all great prices and tested also include free beans

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I’ve bought my seeds from Attitude over the past 15+ years…good prices, lots of freebies, 98% germination rate. This year I bought three types (3 seeds each) from North Atlantic Seeds…Durban, Purple punch, super silver haze. Planted one of each…none popped. Planted 3 freebies leftover from last year attitude order and all popped. WTF!!! Looks like it’s back to Europe for my seeds.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I’ve bought my seeds from Attitude over the past 15+ years…good prices, lots of freebies, 98% germination rate. This year I bought three types (3 seeds each) from North Atlantic Seeds…Durban, Purple punch, super silver haze. Planted one of each…none popped. Planted 3 freebies leftover from last year attitude order and all popped. WTF!!! Looks like it’s back to Europe for my seeds.
I breed and sell and never get a complaint about germination. But I also don’t sell older seeds. Last year’s stuff that was unsold got sent all kinds of places from Jamaica to Oklahoma and Virginia for free to people who need a hand up. Not a handout. And those seeds all germinate if used within a year. Vegetable seeds are dated for reasons.

HunterBrandon

HunterBrandon

I breed and sell and never get a complaint about germination. But I also don’t sell older seeds. Last year’s stuff that was unsold got sent all kinds of places from Jamaica to Oklahoma and Virginia for free to people who need a hand up. Not a handout. And those seeds all germinate if used within a year. Vegetable seeds are dated for reasons.
Quick shout out and thank you to Pushrod Monkey. Pushrod has the real deal with his IBL Durban Poison. I am finally smoking some finished bud this week and it is top shelf all the way. Fantastic aroma and the effect is powerful and long lasting. I highly recommend to anyone to get some of these seeds in your collection. Pushrod is a good cat and will take care of you with extras. I just germed one seed, it popped, turned out to be female and I have clones of it in veg. Can't get better than that for me.
IMG 5518

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

dragons brew bx3 were duds for me. the whole pack.
and $225 betty white pack from oldschoolchronic. whole pack duds.
luckily 9lb hammer and ak bean brains and right hemisphere stuff are wicked veggers.
ethos forbidden zkittles slow vegger not very enthusiastic.

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

I just keep my seeds in glass of water till they have 1-3cm tail this take about 1-7days and then straight to rockwool. 10 years and about 5-10 havent popped i found 5 years old seedsman the white og seed and still popped too. Soak help so much if they have hard shell and someones takes that 7 days to open but almost always they show life signs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom