Tired of no-pops from seed companies-vent

• Thread starter HunterBrandon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowHobo

GrowHobo

This situation is the only good thing about ppl who do limited release drops. At least everything is fresh

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Anyone living in Alaska who can come by for seeds to test run please let me know. Due to a record winter that’s limited my transportation I turned seeds over to one person here. Family has a licensed cannabis operation but he couldn’t do it there because of regulations. He was doing it at his home grow and yesterday he murdered a guy. In front of witnesses so there’s no alleged about it.

Also any dreamers with money or credit - his mom is selling everything and leaving the state. Nice commercial operation located on a major traffic route in Fairbanks AK.

Rudolf

Rudolf

Anyone living in Alaska who can come by for seeds to test run please let me know. Due to a record winter that’s limited my transportation I turned seeds over to one person here. Family has a licensed cannabis operation but he couldn’t do it there because of regulations. He was doing it at his home grow and yesterday he murdered a guy. In front of witnesses so there’s no alleged about it.

Also any dreamers with money or credit - his mom is selling everything and leaving the state. Nice commercial operation located on a major traffic route in Fairbanks AK.
Alaska never changes. Land of weirdos. I used to live there. Much love brother.

chillkoots1

chillkoots1

I'm learning the hard way that seed banks are mainly a rip off. Why is the "no pop" ratio so high with expensive "store bought" seeds while my own seeds that I breed pop almost 100%???

Purchased from MSNL: 10 pack of NYC Deisel - Not one popped, 10 pack of Northern Lights - only 2 popped, one male one female, 10 pack of Super Skunk - Not one popped. Most of the rest of the order did pop plus the free seeds.

Just purchased 3 pack of Hawaiian Snow from Green House Seed Co (through North Atlantic Seed Co), all three no pop.

Not only is this a huge waste of money but the time it takes to find out over and over they're duds really pisses me off.

I did not have this problem in the old days when I ordered from Nirvana. No duds ever.

Take a look at this seed pack from Green House Seed Co. There was no label on the pack so how did they know what these were? Supposedly Hawaiin Snow but doesn't matter what they were because not one popped. Also says since 1985. Maybe selling seeds from 1985 is too old.

View attachment 1213219View attachment 1213220

And another thing. Why are all store bought seeds little tiny wimpy mini seeds? I have never ever once since I started growing again, received what I would consider to be a healthy seed. Big with tiger stripes sometimes, like my breeds. Never ever from a seed co. They are all tiny underdeveloped looking seeds, every one, every seed company. There's no excuse for this and the fact that they send them out the door is criminal.

I'm going to conclude that the seed industry is no longer viable, and all seed companies are rip offs.
http://www.socalseedvault.com/store/index.php?id_manufacturer=2&controller=manufacturer
ALTER EGO GENETICS
☮️

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

It is late in season, everyone already bought there beans, so the banks are now getting rid of the garbage, the best time to buy beans is in January or February now those beans will be sold for rest of year, they will go through summer heat and who knows who has been fondling them? This time of year I buy from breeders and make shure the beans come in un opend breeder pacs not just random beans in a vile, if growing autoflowers go with Methisto bc they open every Monday at 3pm est they only sell what they just bred and come in un opend pacs + free bees and stickers allways fresh, Crop King will cut you some slack if beans do not germanate same with Nirvana that is why I mentioned them, when you put beans in cup of warm water till they sink put 2 or 3 drops of whatever your feeding in veg, a good autoflower bean will germinate in 24 hours and pop in 48 a 72 hour process, I have been running autos for 10+ years and yes I have been burned, never buy bomb seeds or any seeds from the UK bc they can't ship to you personally, they sell to banks who open the pacs steal ur free seed and fondle them, you want your beans in un opend dated breeder pacs only, although Crop King and Nirvana do not do this there breeders more than they are banks and if I got a immature bean and they don't send more I burn them on Trust Piolet and Google. This is how you want your beans to come!, oops I guess I chuked my old breeder pacs. Sorry, but if you deal with a few reputable banks or breeders there more likely to send more beans bc they want there regular customers happy,.

TSD

TSD

It is late in season, everyone already bought there beans, so the banks are now getting rid of the garbage, the best time to buy beans is in January or February now those beans will be sold for rest of year, they will go through summer heat and who knows who has been fondling them? This time of year I buy from breeders and make shure the beans come in un opend breeder pacs not just random beans in a vile, if growing autoflowers go with Methisto bc they open every Monday at 3pm est they only sell what they just bred and come in un opend pacs + free bees and stickers allways fresh, Crop King will cut you some slack if beans do not germanate same with Nirvana that is why I mentioned them, when you put beans in cup of warm water till they sink put 2 or 3 drops of whatever your feeding in veg, a good autoflower bean will germinate in 24 hours and pop in 48 a 72 hour process, I have been running autos for 10+ years and yes I have been burned, never buy bomb seeds or any seeds from the UK bc they can't ship to you personally, they sell to banks who open the pacs steal ur free seed and fondle them, you want your beans in un opend dated breeder pacs only, although Crop King and Nirvana do not do this there breeders more than they are banks and if I got a immature bean and they don't send more I burn them on Trust Piolet and Google. This is how you want your beans to come!, oops I guess I chuked my old breeder pacs. Sorry, but if you deal with a few reputable banks or breeders there more likely to send more beans bc they want there regular customers happy,.
I bought mine in early January and they were still bunk lol.

Wieczorekfloorz

Wieczorekfloorz

This situation is the only good thing about ppl who do limited release drops. At least everything is fresh
I got fresh seeds right now just back crossed critical banger and Gruntz I'm proud of these strains been working on them and putting my all into them. I'm no con or to make a quick buck. I want people to grow my shit and be like wow this guy has something. Not trying to fuck up the gene pool. The strange that I work I only work a couple and I stick with them. I myself agree with a lot of other people people should work on the strains that are already out and bettering them strains pretty soon there's going to be so many strains out there. But mine are legit.

here is one of my grows 2 if my strain

IMG 20220326 230507663
Wieczorekfloorz

Wieczorekfloorz

Only have 3 strains I'm focusing on these 3 and bettering them. I have busted my ass on these blood sweat tears, fighting with the old lady. flu you name it I have been felt it with breeding when dude Mando from Mando Korean ge.etics wasn't lieinf when he said breeding cannabis is addicting and a rabbit hole. So so true give me my punnet squares a pen and a hundred f1 seeds. And let the pheno hi tong begin. Anyways guys I'm running deal all three strains try em out buy one critical banger I'll toss in the other two strains gruntz and chaotic kush.

Wieczorekfloorz

Wieczorekfloorz

I'm learning the hard way that seed banks are mainly a rip off. Why is the "no pop" ratio so high with expensive "store bought" seeds while my own seeds that I breed pop almost 100%???

Purchased from MSNL: 10 pack of NYC Deisel - Not one popped, 10 pack of Northern Lights - only 2 popped, one male one female, 10 pack of Super Skunk - Not one popped. Most of the rest of the order did pop plus the free seeds.

Just purchased 3 pack of Hawaiian Snow from Green House Seed Co (through North Atlantic Seed Co), all three no pop.

Not only is this a huge waste of money but the time it takes to find out over and over they're duds really pisses me off.

I did not have this problem in the old days when I ordered from Nirvana. No duds ever.

Take a look at this seed pack from Green House Seed Co. There was no label on the pack so how did they know what these were? Supposedly Hawaiin Snow but doesn't matter what they were because not one popped. Also says since 1985. Maybe selling seeds from 1985 is too old.

And another thing. Why are all store bought seeds little tiny wimpy mini seeds? I have never ever once since I started growing again, received what I would consider to be a healthy seed. Big with tiger stripes sometimes, like my breeds. Never ever from a seed co. They are all tiny underdeveloped looking seeds, every one, every seed company. There's no excuse for this and the fact that they send them out the door is criminal.

I'm going to conclude that the seed industry is no longer viable, and all seed companies are rip offs.
I got you.

IMG 20220326 230505627
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Some of the companies mentioned here are kinda how should we say a tad washed up... watered down.. Even the stuff I mentioned above. I wouldn't go back to any of those companies. There's better stuff out there than nirvana (I'd still go for their sensi star...) ILGM or Pyramid. For the most part these are mid grade companies we're talkin.
Nirvana used to have a strain named Ice,it was wicked potent if you found the right one .

kurbski007

kurbski007

Can I ask you a dumb? Have you tested your water source lately. I'm on city water and ph changes are common. Maybe ppm has changed, is out of range and a filters is necessary? Just thinking out loud here . Not a ganja guru by any means. I've only had one auto seed not pop out of my last 3 runs w 2 girls ea time. NASC quickly sent out another after I contacted them. Barney's farm autos, purple haze, sweet auto and white wedding. Sweet autos and purple haze had the best yields and jar cured well.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

This method works great for me:

1 part 3% H2O2
4 parts water

Soak seeds for 24 hours. Then put seeds in damp paper towel for as long as it takes to get a 2mm sprout. This usually takes 1-2 days. Then plant an inch deep.

No heat mats needed. Room temperature of 68F-72F is fine.

Not sure of the exact germ rate. It's better than 90%. Seeds that don't pop are rare for me.

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

Is super auto an autoflower with a longer veg?
Pretty much but more in flowering time instead veg for bigger buds so pretty much super autos are plants that retain their autoflowering traits (will finish under 20/4 or 18/6) but with longer life cycles than typical autos. Most autos finish around 70 days, but super autos take around 100. The extra days give you more growth/yield.

Reactions: TSD
Bullybeans420

Bullybeans420

There is an art to poppin seeds i have run into strains where the hull is so hard you cant crush it with your fingers i would have to soak for 48 hrs and had to help them crack open but that strain was so freaken bomb it was worth hard work they were some of the biggest seeds i ever came across to they were
Sin mint cookies x grape stomper . I got looking at my other grapw stomper crosses and all the beans were pretty big . But like i said it takes skills to pop the different strains out but you got it right on 1 thing they give the consumer the ugliest beans or immature seeds dont they know its the consumer that makes them popular .

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

I have hade good luck with Nirvana seeds. Seed supreme...not so much. Like a 30% germ rate.

Going to be trying Ethos's 'Banana daddy' next.
Ethos has some good affordable prices also but same issue with germ rate but could be different for you sometimes no germ for some of them smaller ones what I'm told

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom