To anyone growing in the ground no planter.

• Thread starter Billymgb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billymgb

Billymgb

I am wondering what you use for fertilizer . Just wanting to get a feel for what others are having luck with. Thank you very much for any help.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I am wondering what you use for fertilizer . Just wanting to get a feel for what others are having luck with. Thank you very much for any help.
It depends on how you plan on growing. Organic or Commercial plant food?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
if your planting into the ground outside than you don’t need to feed anything, nature provides everything she will need..

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If you grow outdoors, you should go organic, it's more natural and less stress to the plant.
But you will need some goodies. Not too much.

sambapati

sambapati

Really depends on the kind of soil that you have in your area, yeah? Here is some compact clay-like soil that I have added lots of coconut husks and coir and composted dirt and biochar and all kinds of other things (I ain't a minimalist). For my last outdoor grow I had 6 @Frankster plants -- didn't know what sex they were. As an experiment 5 were in planters and the sixth in the ground.....I can report that the one in the ground was the smallest and slowest growing of the 6. Everyone got rained on, had tons of wind stress.....but they all got the same notes and coconut water/et al. My biochar is from handmade charcoal -- not supermarket stuff.....

2hitPass

2hitPass

I usually start off with fox farm/pro mix. Then add some native soil with earthworm castings, bat guano (roots organic), and bone meal at the bottom of the hole. I feed Alaska fish mix or bio bizz fish mix during veg. I'm new to growing but this has been working for me for 2 seasons now.

Billymgb

Billymgb

Really depends on the kind of soil that you have in your area, yeah? Here is some compact clay-like soil that I have added lots of coconut husks and coir and composted dirt and biochar and all kinds of other things (I ain't a minimalist). For my last outdoor grow I had 6 @Frankster plants -- didn't know what sex they were. As an experiment 5 were in planters and the sixth in the ground.....I can report that the one in the ground was the smallest and slowest growing of the 6. Everyone got rained on, had tons of wind stress.....but they all got the same notes and coconut water/et al. My biochar is from handmade charcoal -- not supermarket stuff.....
My soil is awesome very fluffy and very dark. All of my tomato plants were 6 ft tall and bigger last season. I guess will let mother nature take care of them and just water when they need it. Thanks everyone.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Bountea Bioactivator compost tea. If you wanna see some crazy explosive growth. Wait till later in season though.

BDH420

BDH420

If you plan on doing this year after year I would recommend a starting a compost pile. We put all our veggie scraps from our dinners into it. Plus yard clipping basically anything plant based from coffee grounds to grass clipping goes in it. We turn it once a week then tarp it in the winter. The best method is the 3 stage method.

Badcableman

Badcableman

I only use Jobe's Organic Tomato food, as per instructions, on all my plants... Vegetables or otherwise. I've not encountered any issues yet.

Ponky

Ponky

Landscape supply place can bring some rich earth. Til it into your soil. Make rows. Should work fine. It's not a bad idea to control burn the spot first. Then mix in your fresh soil. Bam. Nice prepped spot.

Top Bottom