To cut or not cut, that is the question

• Thread starter josevi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
josevi

josevi

I am growing 4 plants (2 into 5 weeks of flower, 1 into 3 weeks and the other into 2 weeks). I noticed some brown pistils in the 3 weeks one and since it is a sign of pollination, tried to find a hermie... And a hermie I found.

Is it the best option to cut it if I am aiming for the highest yield? I could probably get around 30g of weed if I cut it right now, but my average is around 60-70 (which is what I am expecting the others to yield). I am having a hard time in deciding to cut it to avoid it pollinating any more bud spots or to try everyday to find pollen sacks to cut them in hopes that she yields good results. Basically I am wondering if a hermie can produce good enough to compensate the pollinated bud sites or if cutting it will make my yield higher since I avoided any bud sites to get further pollinated.

Anyone has any experience with hermies? Do they produce a lot less? Do pollinated buds produce a lot less?

I appreciate any insight

josevi

josevi

Before anyone asks. I did look over all the hermie plant and cut every pollen sack.

freezeland2

freezeland2

The entire grow is most likely pollinated. I’d remove the hermi for sure now.

growsince79

growsince79

I am growing 4 plants (2 into 5 weeks of flower, 1 into 3 weeks and the other into 2 weeks). I noticed some brown pistils in the 3 weeks one and since it is a sign of pollination, tried to find a hermie... And a hermie I found.

Is it the best option to cut it if I am aiming for the highest yield? I could probably get around 30g of weed if I cut it right now, but my average is around 60-70 (which is what I am expecting the others to yield). I am having a hard time in deciding to cut it to avoid it pollinating any more bud spots or to try everyday to find pollen sacks to cut them in hopes that she yields good results. Basically I am wondering if a hermie can produce good enough to compensate the pollinated bud sites or if cutting it will make my yield higher since I avoided any bud sites to get further pollinated.

Anyone has any experience with hermies? Do they produce a lot less? Do pollinated buds produce a lot less?

I appreciate any insight
just kill it.

josevi

josevi

The entire grow is most likely pollinated. I’d remove the hermi for sure now.
One of the plants has no pistils out yet, it is just now getting out of pre flower. If the entire grow is pollinated, what would be the reason to remove the hermi?

freezeland2

freezeland2

One of the plants has no pistils out yet, it is just now getting out of pre flower. If the entire grow is pollinated, what would be the reason to remove the hermi?
In the hopes that they are not. Your grow. I don’t like seeds unless I intended them.

josevi

josevi

In the hopes that they are not. Your grow. I don’t like seeds unless I intended them.
Seeds are not really a problem. I am more worried about whether if I remove the hermie, the yield will overall will be higher or not. Basically is a question of how much less a pollinated plants yields and if it worth keeping the hermie or not so at the end I have more weight of dry buds.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Seeds are not really a problem. I am more worried about whether if I remove the hermie, the yield will overall will be higher or not. Basically is a question of how much less a pollinated plants yields and if it worth keeping the hermie or not so at the end I have more weight of dry buds.
A pollinated plant will put more of its energy in developing seed rather than nice resinous buds. Weight wise a plant full of seed is going to have more weight if that’s your definition of yield. My preference is to smoke bud that I enjoy smoking. Sinsemilla is always better IMO.

josevi

josevi

A pollinated plant will put more of its energy in developing seed rather than nice resinous buds. Weight wise a plant full of seed is going to have more weight if that’s your definition of yield. My preference is to smoke bud that I enjoy smoking. Sinsemilla is always better IMO.
Well, I did say "weight of dry buds", but I got what you meant. I have seen about 6 pollen sacks and removed all of them. Do you have any experience with hermies to tell me if it is possible to just keep cutting them off? Or do they grow extremely fast overnight? I can't find on the web any info about how fast pollen sacks develop.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Well, I did say "weight of dry buds", but I got what you meant. I have seen about 6 pollen sacks and removed all of them. Do you have any experience with hermies to tell me if it is possible to just keep cutting them off? Or do they grow extremely fast overnight? I can't find on the web any info about how fast pollen sacks develop.
I did it once. Had a gelato hermi on me. I cut four sac’s off as I recall and none grew back. The plant was shit as smoke though. I made cannabutter out of it. I won’t mess with a hermi again.

josevi

josevi

I did it once. Had a gelato hermi on me. I cut four sac’s off as I recall and none grew back. The plant was shit as smoke though. I made cannabutter out of it. I won’t mess with a hermi again.
Fair enough. Thanks for replying. Guess I will try to keep cutting her pollen sacks and try to harvest 1 or 2 weeks early. One (four lol) last question tho, were there other plants with the Gelato? Did they get pollinated? If they did, were their yield lower than average? And was the yield of the Gelato lower than the average?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Fair enough. Thanks for replying. Guess I will try to keep cutting her pollen sacks and try to harvest 1 or 2 weeks early. One (four lol) last question tho, were there other plants with the Gelato? Did they get pollinated? If they did, were their yield lower than average? And was the yield of the Gelato lower than the average?
There were three other plants in the grow. None of those got pollinated. The gelato yield was decent, just not good smoke.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I’m very curious...what are you planning to do with the bud once harvested?

Latest posts

Top Bottom