To defoliate or not to defoliate??

• Thread starter Angiev
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Angiev

Angiev

These are auto northern lights from seedsman. They're about 6 1/2 to 7 weeks. And I feel like as well as have been told they are small for the age. So I was thinking some light defoliation to help get some light especially on the smaller bushier one

To defoliate or not to defoliate
To defoliate or not to defoliate 2
To defoliate or not to defoliate 3
To defoliate or not to defoliate 4
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I personally would do a light defoliation, but would not usually do it this late, but in your case would do a very light one
I would normally agree some plants after stretch need some defoliation but only enough for good airflow. These are autos and the airflow capability looks good. Autos are basically on a timer and anything you do to stunt them could cost you on the yield and quality.

Just my opinion

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Oh yup didn't read they were autos, yeah I've never grown autos and have heard that topping etc can have negative effects on them, so in this case if it was me I probably wouldn't either

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i wouldnt touch um,to close , at 7 weeks i be more about trying to get some that dark green out of leaves instead,once she started eating herself good,and only when i was close to harvest i do cut all fans off,just to make a harvest more simple for me,with all the fans gone it is easier for me to just cut the stalk and hang the bitch,makes triming hell of lot easier for me,but i cut um and next day harvest and hang,im lazy bastard hahahh

Moshmen

Moshmen

I would normally agree some plants after stretch need some defoliation but only enough for good airflow. These are autos and the airflow capability looks good. Autos are basically on a timer and anything you do to stunt them could cost you on the yield and quality.

Just my opinion
Definitely no expert with these autos I seem to dry them ! lol but I don’t take any normal leaves! Tried it, didn’t work for me lost out on yield in my opinion

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Northern light is a very friendly beginner strain that takes pruneing well if you want to go ahead. Pic is Northern light.

20180826 063002
Top Bottom