To dim or not to dim?

• Thread starter GrowingWithTheFlow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowingWithTheFlow

GrowingWithTheFlow

Light is a HLG300 QB pulling 285w from the wall at 100%. 2.5x3 Scrog. Fox Farm soil and trio nutes. NLxBB from WOS. All the girls are lush and happy. Entering week 3 of flower.

Last night the grow peaked at 87F. So now I wonder if I should dim the light to perhaps drop the temps a bit? Am I better off with a little less light to get temps down? Or do I power ahead until the girls show adverse effects from heat? Thanks in advance!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Light is a HLG300 QB pulling 285w from the wall at 100%. 2.5x3 Scrog. Fox Farm soil and trio nutes. NLxBB from WOS. All the girls are lush and happy. Entering week 3 of flower.

Last night the grow peaked at 87F. So now I wonder if I should dim the light to perhaps drop the temps a bit? Am I better off with a little less light to get temps down? Or do I power ahead until the girls show adverse effects from heat? Thanks in advance!
Leaf temps matter not ambient. Use an IR temp gun and shoot for 75-83f leaf temps

It's not uncommon for led to run those room temps if that helps

GrowingWithTheFlow

GrowingWithTheFlow

Leaf temps matter not ambient. Use an IR temp gun and shoot for 75-83f leaf temps

It's not uncommon for led to run those room temps if that helps

Incredibly helpful. I’m assuming the next few weeks are critical and don’t wanna screw it up now! Thanks brother!

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

I suggest supplementing co2 if you can possibly. This will allow higher heat tolerance at around 1500ppm.. potential yields 10%+

GrowingWithTheFlow

GrowingWithTheFlow

Yeah, I think I’m moving too much air for CO2 to make sense. My closet is 96 cubic feet and I’m running a 190-ish cfm carbon filter. I’ll add a thermal gun to my kit, but I agree with Aqua Man that the leaf temps are probably much lower than air temps.

Top Bottom