Trade To fat to fly, Finnish Frost seeds

• Thread starter IamN2pot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IamN2pot

What's going on? Well, in another post reguarding these seeds, here, I said "The finch's and wild bird population in my back yard will love them." Well, I fed those little birds untill they were fat, to fat to fly and I still have some of those seeds to try to give away!
I've done a lot of research on male hermie's and because of the knowledge I believe I've learned since I posted that original post, I'm going to offer a packet of 15-20 seed, FREE.
The male Finnish Frost (FF) that hermed on me I believe is due to a genetic tendency of the FF cultivar, as I have found another report of FF flipping, F to M. So with that in mind, I believe the one thing everyone I ask agreed on, please do NOT use these in any breeding program! That said, there are certainly 2 lines of thought on what these protigy will be. Some gardeners, like the post in the thread I linked to, say that the genetics go crazy, like back to the variety an F2 can show. Others that have played with male hermied pollen had differant experiances. They did not report any major shift in pheno's and got a 50/50 ratio of M-F. I can't say, perhaps both experiances are true.

With pemission to post this from a member on another forum, Tracker, he wrote what IMHO is a simple explaination of the different sex outcomes from hermied and regular plants.
"Since the female sex chromosomes look like XX then reversed female pollen can only contribute an X to the combination with a female flower, which also contributes an X, thereby resulting in all XX in the progeny (feminized seeds).

When breeding Female x Male you get XX x XY where the result looks like 50/50 ratio of XX and XY.
Something like this....
(X + X) x (X + Y) = 2XX + 2XY

A male plant can be forced to make female flowers with ethylene fruit ripening spray. BUT when you pollinate the female parts on a hermed male plant you get the following...

(X + Y) x (X + Y) = XX + 2XY + YY

The 25% of progeny YY are very bad. Those are called super males. They are only cable of contributing a Y to the reproductive process. This means all seeds resulting from the cross of a super male with any female will end up being males."

That looks to me to be the same thing a source I will always trust said about male hermies and double YY Supper Males, Skunkman Sam, here is that link.
Skunkman Sam: “Male intersex plants are different because they are XY times XY so out of any seeds that result, 25% will be YY, 25% will be XX and 50% will be XY.”

If you are confussed about the YY Super Males, so was I. Turns out the YY can only occur on the herrmied male, not any females it pollenates. So IF there had been any male selfed seed on that hermied male, THOSE seed would have been 25% YY, 50% XY and 25% XX. NO SEEDS WERE PRODUCED ON THE HERMIED MALE, so no YY super male seeds. Sorry if that is what you wanted. These seeds will be a 50/50 M/F ratio of F4 Finnish Frost.

Germinating these seed. Yes, I did a trial run to see if they would even germinate. They will, but only with a little help. They have to be scarified. I went 5 days with no genination, not even a tail. So I did an old trick and carefully squeezed a seed between my fingers until the seam on the seed cracked. Next morning I had a 1/4 inch tail. So I took 20 more seed, scared them with some 120 grit sandpaper and got 17 to germinate. A small piece of 120 grit is included with each packet of free seeds.

I think the last thing I need to disclose is that the original seeds were purchased from 7 East Genetics and acording to 7 East, they were an F3, making these seed F4's.
Still interested? All you need to do is PM me a name and address to send a packet to and I'll get them off to you in the mail.

Help my little wild birds to regain their flight, PM me for some seeds!!! 🙂 Polly want a pot seed?

WHILE SUPPLIES LAST - UNITED STATES ADDRESSES ONLY PLEASE!

Keep seeding!

IMG 20220217 104759
IMG 20220217 104449
Finnish
Finnish2
PappaFinnishFrost
FinnishFrostSeed

I

IamN2pot

After re-reading my OP, I see I failed to clearly say that these seeds are FREE! FREE free free, free FREE free, FREE FREE FREE!!! in the title. They are.......
PM me the name and address to mail them to, that's all.

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

I'll take as many you can gift of all your strains you currently got available I'll do grow and shows for each one received sent you pm 😀😃😀😀😀😃

Wieczorekfloorz

Wieczorekfloorz

Yeah seeds came dry as s*** and crumbled poor guy he was looking forward to that finish Frost..

I

IamN2pot

My seeds arrived in dust sadly :( all them were broken
Yeah seeds came dry as s*** and crumbled poor guy he was looking forward to that finish Frost..
Well, it appears that the USPS has changed machinery or something seeing both of you got crushed seeds, That sucks!. I've sent out over 50 packets without a single problem until now and now it's everything I send out? So, until I can figure out what is going on, this offer is closed. I don't see any reason to send out seeds that are just going to get crushed by the post office. Sorry.
Keep seeding.
N2

Moshmen

Moshmen

Bubble envelope with thickish cardboard on both side so the seed packets are in between the cardboard - almost crush proof

Wieczorekfloorz

Wieczorekfloorz

I think USPS bent it or like dude said the sorting machine or whatever damaged it.. what's your cashapp or Venmo. I'll pay you for mine and stoner budz shipping if you can please. I would really appreciate it bro. Google finish Frost and looked it up shit looks fire. I'm impressed

I

IamN2pot

Funny how muddy water, left alone will often clear itself up!

My seeds arrived in dust sadly :( all them were broken

So let me clear up what has happened and why this free offer for seeds had to be closed. Their names are @Stonerbudz and @Wieczorekfloorz . As I see it, Stonerbudz wanted some of my free FF seeds, but he doesn't live in the US so he couldn't order them himself since I clearly state in bold caps, UNITED STATES ADDRESSES ONLY PLEASE! So Stonerbudz enlist the help of a local US seed dealer he pehaps met here, Weiczorekfloorz. I'll speculate that a PM went something like this: Stonerbudz- Hey man, this dude is giving away seeds, but only to US addresses. Can I use your address to get him to send them to you and then I'll pay you to send them on to me. Wieczorekfloorz reply- Sure man, I'll send them on to you. I'll let you know when I get them. So Stonerbudz sends me a PM for seeds with a US address. I shipped out a packet of aproximatly 30 seeds to that address, but what I didn't know was that I was actually sending the seeds to Wieczorekfloorz, a seed seller in the N/E US. It would have worked and Stonerbudz should have gotten his seeds, but Wieczorekfloorz got greedy when he googled the variety, as he stated, and decided he could maybe sell them. When they arrived and he saw the potential for $$$, he PM'ed Stonerbudz that the seed arrived crushed, knowing that Stonerbudz would try to get more and would have to use his address. More free seeds he could resell. Wieczorekfloorz post is below. No wonder he's willing to pay shipping for both himself and Stonerbudz seeds. Sorry Stonerbudz, but I don't believe for one milli-second that you would have ever seen any of my Finnish Frost seeds. Your greedy buddy, Wieczorekfloorz would be IMHO to busy renaming and selling them.
I think USPS bent it or like dude said the sorting machine or whatever damaged it.. what's your cashapp or Venmo. I'll pay you for mine and stoner budz shipping if you can please. I would really appreciate it bro. Google finish Frost and looked it up shit looks fire. I'm impressed
Here is a bit more of my evidence that the 2 of them are in this together, a VERY recent post from Stonerbudz:
Http://chaotic-genetics.company.site is very good and respected site who shipped seeds world wide
How many guesses did it take me to guess it was Wieczorekfloorz seed sales website before I clicked the link??? ...oh, and geezzz he ships "worldwide" was my final clue.

...and a thanks to all the other un-named THCFarmer members that helped me understand this mystery!

NOW: I still have 'free' Finnish Frost seeds to give away, but not to anyone who is not in the US and not for any seed sellers or dealers. I think I can safely say to @Wieczorekfloorz that while I still have your mailing address, I won't be sending you a Christmas card, or any seeds. And as for you @Stonerbudz, it wasn't very nice of you to try to get one over on ole N2. Looks to me like a case of instant karma got you! ...and Wieczorekfloorz got your seeds.

If you are a US, homegrower, over 21, not a seed seller or dealer, and can convince me of such, PM me and tell me why I should send you a stash of free seeds. I'd love to continue giving out free happieness seeds to those THCFarmer members who will grow them, not sell them!
Keep seeding! 😊 👨‍🦳

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

I myself don’t think he did this to keep them or anything but yeah the reason why he going pay shipping cuz you could send it via ups and it forsure arrives uncrushed

Whiterunt

Whiterunt

Funny how muddy water, left alone will often clear itself up!

So let me clear up what has happened and why this free offer for seeds had to be closed. Their names are @Stonerbudz and @Wieczorekfloorz . As I see it, Stonerbudz wanted some of my free FF seeds, but he doesn't live in the US so he couldn't order them himself since I clearly state in bold caps, UNITED STATES ADDRESSES ONLY PLEASE! So Stonerbudz enlist the help of a local US seed dealer he pehaps met here, Weiczorekfloorz. I'll speculate that a PM went something like this: Stonerbudz- Hey man, this dude is giving away seeds, but only to US addresses. Can I use your address to get him to send them to you and then I'll pay you to send them on to me. Wieczorekfloorz reply- Sure man, I'll send them on to you. I'll let you know when I get them. So Stonerbudz sends me a PM for seeds with a US address. I shipped out a packet of aproximatly 30 seeds to that address, but what I didn't know was that I was actually sending the seeds to Wieczorekfloorz, a seed seller in the N/E US. It would have worked and Stonerbudz should have gotten his seeds, but Wieczorekfloorz got greedy when he googled the variety, as he stated, and decided he could maybe sell them. When they arrived and he saw the potential for $$$, he PM'ed Stonerbudz that the seed arrived crushed, knowing that Stonerbudz would try to get more and would have to use his address. More free seeds he could resell. Wieczorekfloorz post is below. No wonder he's willing to pay shipping for both himself and Stonerbudz seeds. Sorry Stonerbudz, but I don't believe for one milli-second that you would have ever seen any of my Finnish Frost seeds. Your greedy buddy, Wieczorekfloorz would be IMHO to busy renaming and selling them.

Here is a bit more of my evidence that the 2 of them are in this together, a VERY recent post from Stonerbudz:

How many guesses did it take me to guess it was Wieczorekfloorz seed sales website before I clicked the link??? ...oh, and geezzz he ships "worldwide" was my final clue.

...and a thanks to all the other un-named THCFarmer members that helped me understand this mystery!

NOW: I still have 'free' Finnish Frost seeds to give away, but not to anyone who is not in the US and not for any seed sellers or dealers. I think I can safely say to @Wieczorekfloorz that while I still have your mailing address, I won't be sending you a Christmas card, or any seeds. And as for you @Stonerbudz, it wasn't very nice of you to try to get one over on ole N2. Looks to me like a case of instant karma got you! ...and Wieczorekfloorz got your seeds.

If you are a US, homegrower, over 21, not a seed seller or dealer, and can convince me of such, PM me and tell me why I should send you a stash of free seeds. I'd love to continue giving out free happieness seeds to those THCFarmer members who will grow them, not sell them!
Keep seeding! 😊 👨‍🦳
Gutted I'm across the pond . It's a shame as you're doing a good thing that the greedy actions of a few could have potentially stopped you doing . Keep spreading the wealth . Respect from the shire

Latest posts

Top Bottom