To feed or not to feed?

• Thread starter CheebaMonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CheebaMonkey

I've been told to only feed every other watering to avoid salt buildup...or something. But when I skipped a feeding last time my plants turned yellow. I managed to restore some of the color when I fed them again yesterday but they are still not quite right. This is what they look like now. So, in a few days when they are due for another watering should I feed them again?

I'm using Foxfarm Tiger Bloom at recommended dosage(2-3 ts per gallon).
Soil is Foxfarm Lightwarrior which is used mainly for seedlings. I think this is the reason why my plants are deficent but I don't want to transplant during flower. These are auto strains.

IMG_00391.jpg
IMG_00381.jpg
IMG_00371.jpg

N

nor cali farmer

looks like a little fert burn. flush with h20 and start over with maybe two teaspoons.

C

CheebaMonkey

No fert burn here man. These suffered from low humidity early on that's probably what you're seeing. I had them growing next to my furnace lol.

A week ago they had a perfect green color. I then watered with pure h20 and they began to turn pale and droop(over watering perhaps). But after one feeding they have improved considerably. So I don't think overfeeding is the cause, quite the opposite in fact. But I'm still not sure what to do about next watering.

D

DoubleDub

if you are certain thats not nute burn then they need nitrogen.

C

CheebaMonkey

Tiger Bloom is 2-8-4 and because these are autos I went strait to the bloom nutes. So a nitrogen def sounds possible. I guess I'll mix in a little veg nutes next watering and see what happens. Thanks guys.

S

sunsimulator

DEF looks like lack of food ,, it is starting to yellow from the bottom up if them are 1/2 gallon grow bags or 1 gallon u may need to add 1/2 to 1 TEASPOON dolomite lime ,, to the soil and mix it into the top.

reason im saying this ,, u need to sweeten up ya soil ,, you prolly had them in the same container from seed,, and have not added any calcium , Calcium is immobile and most of the time gets washed out when feeding time after time,

IF you think it was the feed and u skipped one and it cost ya some health ,, well give them extra strength .
i personally think you need some calcium in there to get the other nutrients working ,,

C

CheebaMonkey

yeah my only complaint with autos so far is that theres no time for transplanting. They grow up too fast! Should I sprinkle the lime on top of the soil or mix it in with the water?

S

sunsimulator

put it on top of the soil and mix it in then water .
and it may take a few days to get all going again ,,

you can always transplant ,, these plants can take way more than u think .. i have transplanted plants mid flower .
no problems ,, gives great growth spurts!

S

sunsimulator

Right on ,, what did you end up doing ? Did you just boot up the feed ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom