To flush now or wait a week??

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Hi,

I'm coming to the end of my little grow ,I was going to start flushing her today but showing the pictures the trichomes are all cloudy no Amber yet, do I carry on feeding for another week with nutes and then flush after the amber starts to show,

Or whats rhe chances will they turn amber within a week if I started flushing today??

To flush now or wait a week
To flush now or wait a week 2
To flush now or wait a week 3
To flush now or wait a week 4
To flush now or wait a week 5
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Oh and how do you harvest the main cola as its so big?? Sorry for the stupid questions

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

No stupid questions that's how you learn, my eyes aren't great so I can't tell by your pictures but maybe my man lex can help..

Last edited:
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Awesome, thanks, what dya think about flushing now or give it a week?

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Ive been using one and they are all cloudy, not sure if I flush her or feed her,

According to my diary this is the week I flush her, now im wondering if I should give her another weeks nutes

10w30

10w30

Supporter
what lights/ nutes did you use?. it looks awesome for an autoflower. i would feed it once with pure water only(ph'd) if your chopping in 7 days. the guy at the hydro shop told me i'd be sleeping if i let a plant go to 3% amber. it sounds like your ready if the trichs are all cloudy.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Cloudy is still peak potency. Amber/brown is degraded. The thc breaks down and converts to non psychoactive cbn.

And flushing doesnt accomplish anything but starving the plant or if the medium was over fertilized and then flushed forces the plant to relocate nutrients from the leaves to the buds.

Little burnt but nice green color at the end. Buds should be nice. Good job!

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

what lights/ nutes did you use?. it looks awesome for an autoflower. i would feed it once with pure water only(ph'd) if your chopping in 7 days. the guy at the hydro shop told me i'd be sleeping if i let a plant go to 3% amber. it sounds like your ready if the trichs are all cloudy.
Thanks, shes grown in Micracle Grow"Potting Mix", read some good reports on it, I used a half dose of nutes all the way through, using Dutch Pro Autoflower A+B for Veg then Dutch Pro Autoflower A+B for Bloom plus I use half dose of "Big Bud" i added since she's been in bloom, really good value nutes, but rather than 2ml per ltr of water I used half dose all the way eay through,

Light are a Neillo 650w LED plus I had a UFO full red 150w that I added when she started blooming (probably does nothing but I had it to use)

Lights are on 20/4, tried 24/0, 18/6 before but 20/4 has been the best by far

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

No stupid questions that's how you learn, my eyes aren't great so I can't tell by your pictures but maybe my man lex can help..

I cant click either link, something about "HTML" , do you have another please, I've seen a couple and they contradict each other?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I cant click either link, something about "HTML" , do you have another please, I've seen a couple and they contradict each other?
That's weird I clicked those links and I got the same response, however they worked when I took them off of YouTube? May have something to do with this site not wanting certain links, not sure but you can find him or a million others on YouTube I just picked Lex at random cuz he's pretty informative and geared towards beginners

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

That's weird I clicked those links and I got the same response, however they worked when I took them off of YouTube? May have something to do with this site not wanting certain links, not sure but you can find him or a million others on YouTube I just picked Lex at random cuz he's pretty informative and geared towards beginners
Cool, thanks I'll search for him on youtube, Happy Christmas !

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

If you're growing in soil use only ph, r/o water the final 10 days.
If hydroponics, you only need a good three days but I go 5.
Don't ever let someone convince you that flushing is not important, nutrients have a lot of metals that time to be metabolized by your plant.
When your medium is flushed it's true that you're plants will metabolize the stored sugars and nutrients it already has, this lowers you're cure time considerably and improves on final taste.
Plants that have not been flushed properly will take a lot longer to cure and you still have a great chance of developing an off taste.
Unfortunately nobody can tell you when to harvest, that's a personal call.
What I do is wait until I see about 80-90% cloudy, turn my lights off for a solid 48 hours, my plants usually become very fragrant, more so than usual then I know she's ready.
I clip from the very bottom and let them hang upside down for 3 days before clipping leaves

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

If you're growing in soil use only ph, r/o water the final 10 days.
If hydroponics, you only need a good three days but I go 5.
Don't ever let someone convince you that flushing is not important, nutrients have a lot of metals that time to be metabolized by your plant.
When your medium is flushed it's true that you're plants will metabolize the stored sugars and nutrients it already has, this lowers you're cure time considerably and improves on final taste.
Plants that have not been flushed properly will take a lot longer to cure and you still have a great chance of developing an off taste.
Unfortunately nobody can tell you when to harvest, that's a personal call.
What I do is wait until I see about 80-90% cloudy, turn my lights off for a solid 48 hours, my plants usually become very fragrant, more so than usual then I know she's ready.
I clip from the very bottom and let them hang upside down for 3 days before clipping leaves
Hey, thanks so much for that, im flushing her at the moment, I always had intentions to, its one of those things thats stuck in my head as important,

Tell me, when I flush her it takes 3 days until its dry enough for the next flush, is that because of how much more water thats running through her? So it's takes longer for her to feed and dry out,

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Thanks! Same to you, that's a nice looking plant by the way, nice job!
Thanks!, she's the best of many little grows ive tried, its taken me this long to actually believe less is more when it comes to feeding, I think most grows are ruined by over feeding,

You know Albert Einstein's Quote

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results"

Well thats what I was doing and wondering why adding 5 different feeds for this and that and another for this problem and im causing more problems, I didnt use and Ph balancer at all which I was pleased about,

I do think She's a bit dark green but every plant i've grown is that shade of green? I have no idea why, do you have any suggestions?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

My opinion is to start your flush now. In soil I rarely water to heavy run-off, I just want a small amount of water coming through. So I never give a 3 gallon pot 3 gallons of water, I give it the same volume of fluid as when I was trying to feed and water through the plants life cycle. I actually like a 2 week flush; week one the plants get magnesium sulfate and the final week nothing but plain water.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

My opinion is to start your flush now. In soil I rarely water to heavy run-off, I just want a small amount of water coming through. So I never give a 3 gallon pot 3 gallons of water, I give it the same volume of fluid as when I was trying to feed and water through the plants life cycle. I actually like a 2 week flush; week one the plants get magnesium sulfate and the final week nothing but plain water.
Sounds interesting , when you are flushing are the buds still growing as fast

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

Hey, thanks so much for that, im flushing her at the moment, I always had intentions to, its one of those things thats stuck in my head as important,

Tell me, when I flush her it takes 3 days until its dry enough for the next flush, is that because of how much more water thats running through her? So it's takes longer for her to feed and dry out,
I'm pretty sure the reason it takes 3 days is the because of the size of your containers

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

I'm pretty sure the reason it takes 3 days is the because of the size of your containers
When im flushing is it normal for the feeding to slow down, I was feeding her every other day like clockwork, now im flushing, todays day 3 since I last flushed her and she's still only half dry?

I dont want to mess up now the ends in sight!

Top Bottom