To Foam Or Not To Foam: Why Isn't My Tea Foaming? Is That Bad?

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Adding alfalfa will definitely cause more foaming. ;)

TheSmoker

TheSmoker

I used worm castings, kelp, bat guano, and molasses..no foam but constant bubbles (not huge ones).....brew 24 hours and it smelled like fresh soil to me pretty much.. I checked the ph and ppm and it was 7.1/410( I know organic growers say don't even check it, being first time using a tea was very nervous about not checking it lol). I fed it straight to the ladies (in there third week of flower). sorry if that swerved off topic...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would hope not considering how much you filled that container. :o

venial

venial

@Seamaiden that was after only a few hours this is this mourning and I am going to be applying it this afternoon when the sun cools off, i put about 88-90 gallons in at a time leaving about 2-3 inches before the top but I've found with these containers is that the lid kinda keeps the foam in, once it touches the top it dissipates apparently

A5m0asx
Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I use a very similar container and, depending on what I've used, the foam may completely overflow it. :o

C

chranotik

My question is how the hell do you keep a garbage can of that size completely sterilized??

@Seamaiden that was after only a few hours this is this mourning and I am going to be applying it this afternoon when the sun cools off, i put about 88-90 gallons in at a time leaving about 2-3 inches before the top but I've found with these containers is that the lid kinda keeps the foam in, once it touches the top it dissipates apparently

Tnelz

Tnelz

Foam Def doesn't matter but something about it just makes one think they did it right. At this point I could care less about foam although I can't remember a time when I didn't get any. I don't do this anymore seeing as I add alfalfa and it will make anything quite foamy add 1 ml of seagreen. Instant uncontrollable foam. Do it at the end or u will end up with a mess. Just an example of foam being meaningless. Add all ur shit literally and some carbs and foam or no foam I'm sure ur good!

G

greenwater

I have been trying to figure out why i use to get foam in my tea but i don't anymore and i have had a hard time getting the ph to go up. I believe i have found the cause to be my airstones. i started using them during my last grow and since then that has been the only change i have made. So i tested it out yesterday by removing the airstones from the pump and even though im getting big air bubbles I am now getting foam and my ph going back up. So it seems my problem is solved. :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Fascinating. I wonder if the stones were disallowing sufficient airflow and turbulence.

Top Bottom