To prune or not to prune.

• Thread starter Maxwax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Maxwax

Maxwax

I just started week three and topped today day 16. I will transplant at the beginning of week 4, this Friday.

When I do should I remove the large lower early growth fan leaves? 3 leaflets and maybe the lower first 5 leaflet. Im thinking so but asking.

They're huge as this is an Indica heavy strain. Dosi-dos.

One pic of three. Photo is pre top.

2 weeks 3
Maxwax

Maxwax

IMHO, no. You actually want as much green leaf surface as possible at this point, because your focus is on photosynthesis and getting your plants to grow as much and as fast as possible. I definitely would not remove any healthy leaves.
I was thinking that myself its just that I dont see a lot of three leaflet leaves on plants. I know theyll be removed later on when I lollipop and defoliate etc. The way they are now in the half gallon pots they sortof keep my soil cool and moist as well. Blocking the soil from the light heat. Thanks Dana.

TSD

TSD

What are you gonna defoliate when there's only like 6 leaves lol? They need all the energy they can absorb right now to grow. I would let them recover from topping before you transplant or do anything else or you risk shocking and stunting them. I wouldn't even top plants that small personally... I believe the recommendation is 5 or 6 nodes before topping... but everyone has thier own way. Good luck on your grow.

Last edited:
B

BadFish_Genetics

I was thinking that myself its just that I dont see a lot of three leaflet leaves on plants. I know theyll be removed later on when I lollipop and defoliate etc. The way they are now in the half gallon pots they sortof keep my soil cool and moist as well. Blocking the soil from the light heat. Thanks Dana.
Remember the warmer your soil, that faster you roots grow. The faster your roots grow the faster you grow leaves! Just a thought!.

Latest posts

Top Bottom