To top or not to top.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I topped a few of these way back when, the flowering on them all started at different times, so it's difficult to tell how it's helps or not. topped ones are first two pic's, the second three are the others.

To top or not to top
To top or not to top 2
To top or not to top 3
To top or not to top 4
To top or not to top 5
middleagedude

middleagedude

I topped a few of these way back when, the flowering on them all started at different times, so it's difficult to tell how it's helps or not. topped ones are first two pic's, the second three are the others.

Looking good, dude.
I like to top and then bend over the main stalk. Then new side branches become main colas. That’s my preference. Also, good to do if you have height limitations.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Looking good, dude.
I like to top and then bend over the main stalk. Then new side branches become main colas. That’s my preference. Also, good to do if you have height limitations.
These were auto's, so that was the dilemma at the time, I didn't want to inhibit growth. I took a tiny, tiny top on these plants, only once, at what seemed like a really key point in veg growth, just as it began to flower.

They are however, as you say, much shorter, in fact, that's probably the most notable thing about them, and the way that the cola's jet up like that.

middleagedude

middleagedude

Ah! I’m gonna try a couple zkittles autos inside this winter and wondered about topping. I’ve never grown autos and wondered if topping will hurt more than help since they are on their own schedule.

You weren’t able to determine if it helped? Did lower branches bulk up after topping? I’m wondering if a lower topping would be okay.
These were auto's, so that was the dilemma at the time, I didn't want to inhibit growth. I took a tiny, tiny top on these plants, only once, at what seemed like a really key point in veg growth, just as it began to flower.

CFC7143

CFC7143

It honestly has to do with how the specific strain grows. Like the critical mass plant I have growing right now has just naturally turned out really bushy I never topped this plant. I only trained it but look how busy this girl is! Not a single top cut at all.
IMG 20201015 195608

Latest posts

Top Bottom