Today I received some spider mites, any advice?

• Thread starter MediMary
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Why not just pass on the cuts? To me ruining all my other plants and having that battle on hand when it can be prevented is a silly risk.

But if you must azatrol every 5 days for at least 2 months. and then continue with every 10 to 14 days even when they are gone. Foliar feed also as that will discourage them.

the rrock

the rrock

floramite is the BEST way to go,it kills and lasts, I spray in veg and havent seen a mite in years/ BTW ladybugs are a fn joke,conditions have to be ideal for them to thrive and eat mites, ive seen it tried and works but the mites always will win over ladybugs,floramite works wonders

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

my laddybug release was a fallow up to JUDO on 11 twelve inch plants. I removed all leaves with damage and inspected every leaf. Also the plants have been treated with JUDO. Will apply again in 20 days. So fare so good. Do as you all wish... but cemchris is right. I will be on the look out this next clone shop run. Dipping and Isolation for atleast 5 days then inspection and pruning. If it gets to bad... they go in the trash. Live and learn as this is my first run.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
HAHAHAHA RMCG:

oh so true.

M

MediMary

Why not just pass on the cuts? To me ruining all my other plants and having that battle on hand when it can be prevented is a silly risk.

closest to a ten of anything I have ever smoked.... if I hadn't tried the herb the plant produces I def wouldnt have taken the cuts.

P

primeform

floramite is the BEST way to go,it kills and lasts, I spray in veg and havent seen a mite in years/ BTW ladybugs are a fn joke,conditions have to be ideal for them to thrive and eat mites, ive seen it tried and works but the mites always will win over ladybugs,floramite works wonders

you should probably buy one different chemical and change up every other time just to ensure you dont get resistant mites eventually.

I

IVIars

Anyone notice the different color of the eggs? They range from clear, to white, to brown. I wonder what it means?

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Mine were all clearish types. My mite was also a clearish color as well.

How goes it medimary???

R

RMCG

Any one use Ed Rosenthal's 'Zero Tolerance' product?

I keep looking at it but haven't seen much feedback.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Any one use Ed Rosenthal's 'Zero Tolerance' product?

I keep looking at it but haven't seen much feedback.

I think it may have given them a "cold", but those buggers didn't miss a day of work, imo. Nice try, Ed, just didn't work for me.

A

amstercal

tf lives in socal (right?) where mites are prevalently brown in color. my guess about the egg color is that the eggs are clear and as the babies mature you can see them get bigger and browner in the eggs.

I

IVIars

tf lives in socal (right?) where mites are prevalently brown in color. my guess about the egg color is that the eggs are clear and as the babies mature you can see them get bigger and browner in the eggs.

But the babies are a clear, white color. Im thinking it might be the other way around, the brown eggs are dead ones.

M

MTM

Welll I just bought 1500 lady bugs for 11.00... scary looking LOL. They were crawling everywhere. I released only about half for my little 11 babies and they were all over the place. The rest went outside in the grass area. The bag said they lay eggs and the offspring eat in the larva stage. This may be the ticket from now on.

Waist of time bro,Ive never seen LB work on anything,I tried them on aphids also and that was a joke.Save your money those lady bugs dont do shit!!!

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I am not sure about that brother... they are all over my plants. Now do not get me wrong... Mind you my mommas are new clones so they are ittybitty and I relied mostly on the JUDO™ (spiromesifen). Just needed the LB to come in and clean up. So far so good. I will deffinately let people know if they did not work. I feel as though if they are in your flower room... IMPO... it is way to late and all you can do is keep them at bay... if you can. That scares the crap out of me as a first time farmer. Also I did pruning as well. I inspected every leaf and only foun one that was alive and any leaf with eggs... I removed. So in fact it was a three part process for me.

For the future... I am going to build a containment room for new clones. They will be treated, inspected and processed there before they ever make it to the momma room. Live and learn I guess.

M

MTM

I am not sure about that brother... they are all over my plants. Now do not get me wrong... Mind you my mommas are new clones so they are ittybitty and I relied mostly on the JUDO™ (spiromesifen). Just needed the LB to come in and clean up. So far so good. I will deffinately let people know if they did not work. I feel as though if they are in your flower room... IMPO... it is way to late and all you can do is keep them at bay... if you can. That scares the crap out of me as a first time farmer. Also I did pruning as well. I inspected every leaf and only foun one that was alive and any leaf with eggs... I removed. So in fact it was a three part process for me.

For the future... I am going to build a containment room for new clones. They will be treated, inspected and processed there before they ever make it to the momma room. Live and learn I guess.
I thought the lady bugs were working on mine but after about two days they were not killing a single mite or aphid,Ive got lady bugs twice,thought I might have gotten duds on the first order but the 2nd were just like the 1st batch.I hope yours work but I know 2 or 3 growers that they have not worked for iether...good luck

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Yea I feel you brother. I check almost everyday. I check for eggs and them little fuckers with the glass. So far so good like I have said.

R

Relaxed420

I can understand the fear of Spider mites, they can be difficult to get rid of and persistent buggers that can destroy a crop much faster than you realize. However, to be so scared of the borg that you won't take genetics because of this fear? That is just silly, I have come to accept that no matter what I do, I will always have to deal with these critters and after many hard fought battles they are not quite as scary to me as they were the first time I encountered them, cause I KNOW that they CAN be evicted from a garden!

It depends on how bad the infestation is, if you are pest free and bring a bug infestation with your new genetics, it's really not so hard as long as you notice before introduction to the garden. If it is a small clone, remove most of the foliage (leave maybe three or four leaves) mix a light solution of bleach water (1-2 tsp per gallon) grab some latex gloves and dunk and gently rub a dub those leaves repeat a few times, mist clones often with high PH'd water (I like to add a tsp of hydrogen peroxide per gal as well) for the next several days keeping a close eye on it, during this time you can also mist with an insecticide if you wish, but high PH water and H2o2 should be enough for most small clones.

Larger ones like teens with several node's and lot's of leaves just need to go a little further and in addition to the dunk and spray, I would use at least some kind of pesticide, if you like OMRI type, I like using Azatrol (may consider dunking the medium they came in with this product, I would), I've also used Organicide as a spray with sucess, then there's other's I haven't tried like Zero Tolerance, Rasta Bob's, ect. ("Don't Bug Me" should be more like Don't Buy Me cause I've tried to like it and used it a ton with very little success, I don't know why I kept spending my money on a product I knew wasn't working very good, it's too diluted). But if you want to go full on Chem and get down and nasty with the buggers, Judo is my best friend (at early stages of veg and with mom's) or floromite both work very good but I don't like using them very often or on anything within a week or two of bloom and there are some others that people use with a lot of success but those two are ones I have experience with and have seen work, most I have ever had to do for a HEAVY infestation was an initial spray with one follow up and some OMRI stuff in between and the HEAVY infestation was reduced to almost nothing in a week to GONE by the next week.

I have also found that once you have an infestation that is bad, like you have webbing going on or a LOT of white dots on green leaves, chem's are going to be the most effective at knocking down the populations for good. The OMRI items in my experience have a good ability to maintain a bug free environment and reduce populations that are small or at the start of an infestation and are great for follow up and maintainability and are good for the flower rooms when the first signs are showing.

But, when all is said and done the MOST important thing to do when dealing with these guys is to make sure you don't stop your treatments too soon and to make sure you are doing those treatments often, like every other day, cause thier population will explode if you get off track.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

thanks brother... as this is my biggest fear. I live in a desert and these bastards scare me. Especially since it is a medical grow for my collective. I check everyday and with the chems I am using, I can use only after every 30 days and it is said to only use 4 times a year. I have the basic strains I want... the rest I will order via seeds. Thanks for controlling my hysteria...LOL rep to you brother.

L

LUDACRIS.

I agree though if you don't mind going nuclear, just get the flormaite. The bitches are so freaking persistent. They can still come back, but they are retarded when they do and another application should do it.

Well fuck me not this again. I turning in to a bottle of floramite.

LOL.

CHRIS.

Top Bottom