TONKAMAN here. Rookie growing anything

• Thread starter TONKAMAN77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TONKAMAN77

TONKAMAN77

Greetings. I will hopefully be posting with some rookie questions and advice. Closet growing in smart pots, 65% organic soil, 15% coco, 15% peat, 5% perlite. 600W LEDs. Temps controlled at 74-77F with 50% humidity levels. Here are my 4 babies now 10 days from germ. Wondering if they look OK and on schedule. Any advice is appreciated. I would grow outdoors but it's way too hot in Virginia summer averaging 90s with 65-75% humidity most days. Sorry for poor lighting. Why are 2 a bit lighter green and leaves pointed more downward? Sissy spray daily keeping slightly most at all times never dried out. Never soaked entire soil since they are in 3 gallon pots and started in them as well.

Tonkaman here   rookie growing anything
Tonkaman here   rookie growing anything 2
Tonkaman here   rookie growing anything 3
Tonkaman here   rookie growing anything 4
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Greetings. I will hopefully be posting with some rookie questions and advice. Closet growing in smart pots, 65% organic soil, 15% coco, 15% peat, 5% perlite. 600W LEDs. Temps controlled at 74-77F with 50% humidity levels. Here are my 4 babies now 10 days from germ. Wondering if they look OK and on schedule. Any advice is appreciated. I would grow outdoors but it's way too hot in Virginia summer averaging 90s with 65-75% humidity most days. Sorry for poor lighting. Why are 2 a bit lighter green and leaves pointed more downward? Sissy spray daily keeping slightly most at all times never dried out. Never soaked entire soil since they are in 3 gallon pots and started in them as well.
you don’t have to spray the plants, they look fine, the light is kinda hard to tell the colour, but if lighter in colour than it could be lights are a bit close or the soil is consistently too wet.

TONKAMAN77

TONKAMAN77

you don’t have to spray the plants, they look fine, the light is kinda hard to tell the colour, but if lighter in colour than it could be lights are a bit close or the soil is consistently too wet.
When i water i can normally feel just the slightest moisture when i put my finger knuckle deep in soil. Should i wait for it to completely dry out prior to watering again?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok are they feminized or autos?
also can you take pictures in a clear normal light.
firstly.,

TONKAMAN77

TONKAMAN77

ok are they feminized or autos?
also can you take pictures in a clear normal light.
firstly.,
They are blueberry auto. All 4. Here is a picture of each at 12 days old from the time they first sprouted. Organic soil with 15% peat moss, 15% coco, and 5% perlite. 600 watt LED at about 24 inches above soil line. Both Bloom and Veg on mainly 16-17 hours per day. Growing in closet averaging around 74-75F and 45-50% Humidity. 3.5 gallon smart pot. Tried to get 2 gallon but they sent me 3.5 instead. Thanks for the reply. Great community. I'm learning for you all! 🤙

20210806 214728
20210806 214721
20210806 214712
20210806 214703
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
They are blueberry auto. All 4. Here is a picture of each at 12 days old from the time they first sprouted. Organic soil with 15% peat moss, 15% coco, and 5% perlite. 600 watt LED at about 24 inches above soil line. Both Bloom and Veg on mainly 16-17 hours per day. Growing in closet averaging around 74-75F and 45-50% Humidity. 3.5 gallon smart pot. Tried to get 2 gallon but they sent me 3.5 instead. Thanks for the reply. Great community. I'm learning for you all! 🤙
light is a bit close, that’s the cause of the lightening in colour in couple of your babies..
otherwise looks good!

TONKAMAN77

TONKAMAN77

light is a bit close, that’s the cause of the lightening in colour in couple of your babies..
otherwise looks good!
That's good to know. I had it at about 28 inches but i read LED could be closer and thought they were growing slow. Likely just impatience on my part. I will move it back to that height and see how they do. Thanks for the insight. Happy growing. 🤙

Top Bottom