too dry buds,need help

• Thread starter Peps
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Peps

Peps

hi guys, i have a problem with flower storage.
unfortunately I made a mistake in the drying of this strain and the result is the buds are too dry ... (14% humidity)
Do you know any effective method to bring the humidity back to the right values without creating mold?
I am trying Boveda sachets at 62% humidity, a 67g bag for 1kg of inflorescence.

Too dry budsneed help
Too dry budsneed help 2

Moeboi

Moeboi

unfortunately I made a mistake in the drying of this strain and the result is the buds are too dry ... (14% humidity)
Do you know any effective method to bring the humidity back to the right values without creating mold?

View attachment 1171939View attachment 1171940
I'm trying to figure out myself..I hung for 7 days and straight to jars and seems like they are to dry

BudBogart

BudBogart

You can toss a flour tortilla in with the buds and buds will absorb the moisture without issue.

growsince79

growsince79

Whats the humidity outside the jar?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Try taping a wet paper towel to the lid.

I did this on my very first grow about 10 years ago, but I don't remember if it worked lol

I've heard orange or lemon peels work too

growsince79

growsince79

Around 60%, in the dark, ventilated room and temperature kept at 23°c
Thats perfect. Dump the buds out and let the cure outside the jar. Tomorrow they should be back to perfect moisture.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

I'm trying to figure out myself..I hung for 7 days and straight to jars and seems like they are to dry
Mine have been on the table the last month and a half. RH 55-60- perfect-not too dry. I'll jar em before winter.

zavy

zavy

jar celery leafs or orange peel, or the one that has the leafs like celery but not celery and you should be gud

Moeboi

Moeboi

Well I have to buy a mini hygrometer the one u bought was to big for jar but I was testing it out I put bud in ziplock bag with hygrometer it was at 40 within 2 hrs it was at 64 seem like humidity was rising fast so I took out and put back in jar and put the meter on top of lid it's been sitting for bout 2 hours and humidity outside jar is at 58% just staying at that but I have them in My closet in back..buds are not to dry and not to moist right in between smells good been in jars for 3 days

Moeboi

Moeboi

Well I have to buy a mini hygrometer the one u bought was to big for jar but I was testing it out I put bud in ziplock bag with hygrometer it was at 40 within 2 hrs it was at 64 seem like humidity was rising fast so I took out and put back in jar and put the meter on top of lid it's been sitting for bout 2 hours and humidity outside jar is at 58% just staying at that but I have them in My closet in back..buds are not to dry and not to moist right in between smells good been in jars for 3 days
Any tips or suggestions for the curing process

Moeboi

Moeboi

It's been at this level for hours outside jar until I get my mini hygrometer buds are not dry or to moist just right in between...is it good to check in zip lock bag with hygrometer...I tried it but seems like the humidity levels was rising fast went up to 65 in a hour I just took out b4 it got to high but since been in jars been at a 55 to 57% steady

Glassdub

Glassdub

As the saying goes (paraphrasing) once the RH drops below the curing range you can re-hydrate but not restart curing process so you just end up with wet weed.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Mine have been on the table the last month and a half. RH 55-60- perfect-not too dry. I'll jar em before winter.
Most of mine in jars are 54 to 56 tops (mostly below) thought I went a bit dry but smells good & doesn't seem really dry to the touch.

Ponky

Ponky

As the saying goes (paraphrasing) once the RH drops below the curing range you can re-hydrate but not restart curing process so you just end up with wet weed.
If you steam the pack appears fresh again for about three days. It's soft and rolls up nice. And it has a sticky texture. And the smell comes back. But it's temporary. It's how you keep a dry pack from turning to dust in transit. And refresh a pic so people consider it again. I've said too muc.......(gasp)

Latest posts

Top Bottom