too late in the season for outdoor grow? in NZ

• Thread starter BC_August
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BC_August

Hi, total newbie here.

I have some seedlings going for a 3 plant grow inside but have recently discovered an overgrown, hard to get to, hippy hide out at the back of our property that i had no idea about.

Im getting some Ruderalis Indica, for the high CBD content so i can help my mother who has chronic arthritis, epilepsy, high blood pressure, shes very unwell and the doctors just keep giving me pills, its ridiculous, obviously shes hooked, not in a normal addict behavior way, but more of a "shit, i forgot my dose i feel sore) but yeah hooked on opiates, thanks doctors. Because of all the pills and the epilepsy i totally believe its the cause of forgetfulness which will clearly turn into dementia within 5 years. ANYWAY, i made a balm for her out of just sugar leaves and she told me it worked like magic, unlike the store bought cream she uses on her hands which really does fuck all.

this is a long story, sorry, i find if i explain myself here and remind everyone why im doing what im doing and the fact that this is my first time trying etc etc.

Currently we have about 16 hours of daylight, here, as summer started at the beginning of December (I'm in New Zealand).
I thought maybe i could grow some seedlings for a few weeks then transplant outside, where the daylight hours will be around 15. so another 3 months to vege until 12/12.

is this doable? i ended up with 3 strains (well, soon).

- pre skunk x pre skunk (no idea what this means, given to from a friend who bred them himself, im the guinea big)
- Some bag seed from nice bush weed, which i prefer because i like to finish a join and not have 3 puffs and high as fuck
- Ruderalis indica

Which honestly is kinda cool, my whole life, and to most people in NZ, strains here are usually just "skunk" or "bush" - im guessing because its so ricky to import them from overseas.

I do remember one time some guy trying to sell my a couple of grams of "pineapple express" - it smelled like actual dirt, it was not pineapple express lol

anyway its kinda early here and im rambling.

TL;DR - 16 hours of daylight in NZ, could i grow some seedlings inside for 3-4 weeks until strong enough and put outside where the daylight hours will be down to 14/15hours. or is this experiment a waste of time. They will be ruderalis indica which apparently can withstand a lot.

thanks in advance!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

How much growing time before frost?

I would go ahead and do it. Maybe clone some of the plants you have and put those out there, too. The plants will flower before 12/12.

B

BC_August

How much growing time before frost?

I would go ahead and do it. Maybe clone some of the plants you have and put those out there, too. The plants will flower before 12/12.
thank you :) frost is many many months away, we're barely a month into actual summer here. Winter doesnt officially start till around the middle of June here.
We've got about 1-2 months of 65-85degrees F left, during the day. nights are around 55-60degrees F at the moment. I live in the windiest city in NZ so im glad i found some sheltered spots. i put a tomato plant outside that was more than sturdy enough to grow but it snapped in half because of the wind lol.

but yeah, i reckon i will give it a go, worth a shot.

strider26554

strider26554

Hi, total newbie here.

I have some seedlings going for a 3 plant grow inside but have recently discovered an overgrown, hard to get to, hippy hide out at the back of our property that i had no idea about.

Im getting some Ruderalis Indica, for the high CBD content so i can help my mother who has chronic arthritis, epilepsy, high blood pressure, shes very unwell and the doctors just keep giving me pills, its ridiculous, obviously shes hooked, not in a normal addict behavior way, but more of a "shit, i forgot my dose i feel sore) but yeah hooked on opiates, thanks doctors. Because of all the pills and the epilepsy i totally believe its the cause of forgetfulness which will clearly turn into dementia within 5 years. ANYWAY, i made a balm for her out of just sugar leaves and she told me it worked like magic, unlike the store bought cream she uses on her hands which really does fuck all.

this is a long story, sorry, i find if i explain myself here and remind everyone why im doing what im doing and the fact that this is my first time trying etc etc.

Currently we have about 16 hours of daylight, here, as summer started at the beginning of December (I'm in New Zealand).
I thought maybe i could grow some seedlings for a few weeks then transplant outside, where the daylight hours will be around 15. so another 3 months to vege until 12/12.

is this doable? i ended up with 3 strains (well, soon).

- pre skunk x pre skunk (no idea what this means, given to from a friend who bred them himself, im the guinea big)
- Some bag seed from nice bush weed, which i prefer because i like to finish a join and not have 3 puffs and high as fuck
- Ruderalis indica

Which honestly is kinda cool, my whole life, and to most people in NZ, strains here are usually just "skunk" or "bush" - im guessing because its so ricky to import them from overseas.

I do remember one time some guy trying to sell my a couple of grams of "pineapple express" - it smelled like actual dirt, it was not pineapple express lol

anyway its kinda early here and im rambling.

TL;DR - 16 hours of daylight in NZ, could i grow some seedlings inside for 3-4 weeks until strong enough and put outside where the daylight hours will be down to 14/15hours. or is this experiment a waste of time. They will be ruderalis indica which apparently can withstand a lot.

thanks in advance!
I would go for it also, I do a lot of indoor/ outdoor gardens and have specialized lately in doing indoor for start and most of veg , then tripping them into flower and finishing ouside during the day and dearkened up in shed during the niight, we have alot of critters around her ayt night and i cant leave plants outside overnight, the deer have pushed down cages and tents and fences to get to the plants, putting them inside during the night also tends to cut down on budworms and other moth related issues we have around here.

Top Bottom