Too many flower sites or not enough light?

• Thread starter asassdsd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
asassdsd

asassdsd

first time posting here, currently have a AK47 tree growing in a small 80x80cm tent, flowered for about a month now, however the growth seems to be kind of slow, don't see any deficiencies except a few pistil going brown on some sites.

The plant vegged for two months and was growing nicely, i also kept quite some side branches, after switching to 12/12 the plant showed pistil pretty fast. Now roughly 30 days into flower there doesn't seem to be a noticable size of budlet, could it because of leaving too many flower sites and not enough light intensity?

1. My temps were kinda high during the initial flower stretch (30ish), however with airflow and frequent water i didnt get any bad burns. I've switched to a more "accurate" vpd chart (30C/50% -> 26/70%)
2. I had two defoliation sessions at around Week 1 and 3
3, I suppercropped 3 main tops, sites were pointing back up in a day, branch recovered in less than a week

Alot of things could have have gone wrong but i wonder what really is the main reason for this slow growth?

Coco mixed with perlite, vermiculite, using Jacks bloom + calmag @ around 1.5ec w/ 0.2ec tap, watered 4 times a day, standard 400w hps
Thanks in advance.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

If you are only 30 days into bloom you have at least that again to finish.
from the pictures they look like they are developing normally. Just biologically the plant will stop growing in size once buds form and put all the energy into the buds.
further down the line you might want to think about a stronger light, more like more buds.

asassdsd

asassdsd

from the pictures they look like they are developing normally. Just biologically the plant will stop growing in size once buds form and put all the energy into the buds.
further down the line you might want to think about a stronger light, more like more buds.
I do have a 1000w light bulb with adjustable ballast (50,75,100% power), should i pop that thing in with a lower settings? I know full 1000w would probably turn my tent into a sauna.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I have a GSC that appeared stalled in flowering for a few weeks. Then it woke up and now has the biggest and most buds in my grow. It will be finishing a few weeks later than I originally had planned but she is running on her time timeline and not mine. Patience is a virtue.

asassdsd

asassdsd

I have a GSC that appeared stalled in flowering for a few weeks. Then it woke up and now has the biggest and most buds in my grow. It will be finishing a few weeks later than I originally had planned but she is running on her time timeline and not mine. Patience is a virtue.
one thing that I don't quite understand. If flowers are developing slowly does that mean you can always extend the time or does that mean diminished yield?

freezeland2

freezeland2

one thing that I don't quite understand. If flowers are developing slowly does that mean you can always extend the time or does that mean diminished yield?
Not sure, but in my case the plant I am referring to is going to give the largest yield in my grow. I also usually harvest each plant twice. I have already completed the first harvest on my other plants in this grow. This late bloomer won’t get its first harvest for a few more weeks. The others will probably have had their second by then and be chopped.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

+1

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

A better light, yes.
Plants grow until you switch them to flower. It may take a week for it to stop growing and change to making flowers instead, but it will happen.

freezeland2

freezeland2

A better light, yes.
Plants grow until you switch them to flower. It may take a week for it to stop growing and change to making flowers instead, but it will happen.
The Op is growing an autoflower. At least I think that’s what he has. Switching to 12/12 can be more beneficial for some autoflowers I’d agree.

asassdsd

asassdsd

It's been exactly 31 since I flipped to 12/12, it's just that the budding seems slow from what I see on the net. Seems like I should just be patient?
The Op is growing an autoflower. At least I think that’s what he has. Switching to 12/12 can be more beneficial for some autoflowers I’d agree.
It's not an auto flower, I vegged this plant for 2 months.

asassdsd

asassdsd

Not sure, but in my case the plant I am referring to is going to give the largest yield in my grow. I also usually harvest each plant twice. I have already completed the first harvest on my other plants in this grow. This late bloomer won’t get its first harvest for a few more weeks. The others will probably have had their second by then and be chopped.
I see, so your GSC is having a long flowering time, is it related to genetics, or the way you grew this crop?

freezeland2

freezeland2

It's been exactly 31 since I flipped to 12/12, it's just that the budding seems slow from what I see on the net. Seems like I should just be patient?

It's not an auto flower, I vegged this plant for 2 months.
For some reason I was thinking you were talking about an autoflower. Probably confused with another thread I have interacted with.

asassdsd

asassdsd

Must be it’s genetics. It seemed to stall for a few weeks. Wasn’t filling in between bud sites and then kaboom it turned into this in a matter of a couple weeks.
Nice colas! Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll wait it out, will keep this thread updated.

asassdsd

asassdsd

A little update on Week 5:
Looks like I might have nitrogen toxicity.
Honestly my mistake to all for posting in the wrong lighting.

Look at them dark, waxy fan leaves! Also the small sugar leaves on my bud/calyx are p much all curled down as you can see.

Can anyone confirm this? Should I cut N and only provide PK? Or keep the ratio and lower the concentration?

IMG 20210624 005108
IMG 20210624 005013
IMG 20210620 224133
IMG 20210620 224122
testiclees

testiclees

A little update on Week 5:
Looks like I might have nitrogen toxicity.
Honestly my mistake to all for posting in the wrong lighting.

Look at them dark, waxy fan leaves! Also the small sugar leaves on my bud/calyx are p much all curled down as you can see.

Can anyone confirm this? Should I cut N and only provide PK? Or keep the ratio and lower the concentration?
Waxy leaves is a positive sign. How are things going?

asassdsd

asassdsd

Waxy leaves is a positive sign. How are things going?
Update on Week 7:
It turned out to be a light leak, which explained alot, my plant was actually revegging, with single, round leaves. Growth was stunted, I am able to fix it and it's looking better now.

IMG 20210708 182601
IMG 20210708 182654
IMG 20210712 010655
IMG 20210629 234836
testiclees

testiclees

Who told you this?
John Kempf, Gabe Brown, Graham Sait, Jill Clapperton, Jeff Lowenfels and others. Do you have plant biology expertise?

Waxy leaves indicate that a plant has enough photosynthetic production to allow for storage of these excess metabolites as lipids.

Latest posts

Top Bottom