too many plants for tent?

• Thread starter vindiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vindiesel

my tent is 3ft X 2ft. 6 sq ft. i now keep 8 plants in there all the time. rule of thumb is 1 plant per sq ft, so according to that, i am 2 plants over. will reducing plant # to 6 increase yield by being less crowded or should i just leave 8 in there. i like 8 because i can harvest 4 every month while using seperate veg tent. 3g pots are like 9" round, so i have 2 rows of 4. pots fit right in. granted not tons of side branches, but there are side branches and big colas. wondering how many plants u guys cram in per sq ft, and if u guys follow the 1 plant per sq ft rule. i just weighed dry buds from this harvest. alittle disappointed. :rain granted using only a 250CMH over 8 flowering plants, but last time i weighed at .88 oz per plant, so i was thinkin this time i would hit 1oz per plant, especially with a heavier yielder (nebula) than last time (ice cream). sorry to say i only averaged .66 oz per plant.

400CMH will be replacing the 250 on monday. :smoke
i'm also gonna start a few plants once 400 is up, using canna coco and canna nutes to see if yield is greater. 1oz per plant is fine but my goal is 1.5-2oz per plant with 400 and soil. i dont think i will go from less than an oz per plant using 250 to 1.5-2oz per plant using a 400, but that is my goal. i may be able to consistantly hit 2oz per plant with a 400 and coco. thx. :smoke
vin

G

greyfx

Since growing where I am is HIGHLY illegal I tend to see less is more. Ukcheesehead pulled over a lb of bud from two plants I think under a 400w digi. I would just veg longer and lst and use less plants.

V

vindiesel

yeah i was just thinkin too. last time, with a lesser yielding plant, i averaged .88oz per plant with 5 plants. this time .66oz per plant with 8 higher yielding plants. maybe they do need more room. plenty or air flow and movement, and i turn plants and rearrange budsites daily, LST alittle, but maybe they just do need more room.
i am thinkin about pullin 2 out right now and put back in veg tent. they are only about 10 days in flower.
instead of harvesting 4 every month, i can harvest 3...

G

greyfx

If they are already into flower just go ahead and let them finish it will take forever to reveg. Also how long are you normally vegging for? Ive noticed just vegging for an extra week or two increases bud density a lot which gives you a way better yield.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
When you get your 400 things will be much better , You can try to thin out the growth you don't need and let the plants focus energy on the stuff you leave

F

frankie-smiles

yeah i was just thinkin too. last time, with a lesser yielding plant, i averaged .88oz per plant with 5 plants. this time .66oz per plant with 8 higher yielding plants. maybe they do need more room. plenty or air flow and movement, and i turn plants and rearrange budsites daily, LST alittle, but maybe they just do need more room.
i am thinkin about pullin 2 out right now and put back in veg tent. they are only about 10 days in flower.
instead of harvesting 4 every month, i can harvest 3...

5 x .88 is 4.4, 8 x .66 is 5.28 so your overall yield has gone up mate, things have got better. Its about what you can get outta the space with what light you have, not how many plants. A few big plants is one side of the scale and a sea of green with loads of little plants is at the other. Its what suits you. Your yield DID go up so i'd be happy, now think how you can maximise the space. I still find better ways of doing things every grow, so if you have more headroom or whatever else that isn't quite getting used to its full potential, give it a little tweak hear and there, i'm sure you'll eventually MAX your area out. So you did get less per plant this time but overall you got more (not that far off an ounce more i think). Your doing something right.:yes

B

bannana man

i tend to got with 18 - 20 plants per metre square with no veg .or 8 plants with 3 weeks veg .so in your space id go with 32 plants no veg or 16 plants with 3 weeks veg,you will pull abt the same off each ,,

so how long you veg normally ??
heres some pics of a mtes tent 6.5 litre pots .2 x 600w .32 plants with some veg , 1 oz per plant minimum

MG 2928
MG 3136
V

vindiesel

i veg 4-6 weeks, more like 6. thinkin about 7-8.
i took 2 out since they were only flowering about 1 week and put back in veg tent. things look much more cozy with 6 flowering. live and learn. :smoke

Top Bottom