Too many roots, not enough space!!

• Thread starter iamachavvy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iamachavvy

Well basically, the roots of my plant have started to grow out of the bottom of the pot.

I am currently growing in a soil mix, and because my grow is a stealth grow I am limited on space so I can't make the size of my pot bigger or else it is not going to fit!! oops!!

So I was wondering, is this a massive problem?? Is there anything i can do like chop the roots down a bit without damaging the plant too much??

All help appreciated!! :)

E

E.T.

need a little more info....how far along are you? veg or bloom? if you're in veg you could root prune. if you're in bloom the only thing i would suggest would be to up-pot, disturbing the roots as little as possible. in general, you need at least 1 gal for every month of growth....

I

iamachavvy

It's an autoflowering plant which grows fully in aroung 2 months. I keep the light on 18 hours everyday from start to finish. It's currently in about 5th week of growth.

So what is root prune??
And what is up pot??

T

theTinker

It's an autoflowering plant which grows fully in aroung 2 months. I keep the light on 18 hours everyday from start to finish. It's currently in about 5th week of growth.

So what is root prune??
And what is up pot??

root pruning is cutting away excessive roots to stop root bounding or fix a very small number of issues. I hate this idea unless in extreme situations like dead roots rotting and filling the soil with toxic nitrogen levels or some such issue.

What size is your pot?

Unless your soil pot is sitting in water, the air should prune the plants roots themselves. I grow in 10 liter pots and even though the roots fill the pots, the never protude out wards more than a few mm. Roots naturally stop growing in contact with air. Are they standing in water? or dirty area (and think its soil?)..

uppotting is just putting the plant into a larger pot while not disturbing the roots. If you are in week 5 of a 8 week plant. Id be surprised if the roots grew much more. The plant should be focused on bud production. Is the problem staying where it is, or getting worst?

Top Bottom