Too much CO2 but I’m not supplementing

• Thread starter OngSkap
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OngSkap

OngSkap

Hey all,
I just transplanted my girls and moved em in to my flower room to adjust to the higher intensity lights. I have my co2 meter in the room plugged in just for the sake of checking the ppms. No tank is plugged in. I left the room and it was sitting at 650 ppm, came back a couple hours later and it was at 1100 ppm!
How the heck is the co2 getting so high when I’m not supplementing? I have a 24k btu window ac thatI installed through the wall that goes outside. Is my window ac pumping in co2? Or are the plants really off gasing that much? Am I a big dummy and am missing something completely?
Currently have my exhaust fans (use them only during winter months) now running for 15 mins every couple hours just to be sure I’m not hitting that high of ppms.

Any ideas?
thanks for the help!

Ong

THCMonster

THCMonster

Usually AC units dont off gas CO2... But furnaces do! Seeing as its winter time is your ac or furnace running?

Your plant dont outgas CO2 they take in CO2 but if you have a really great innoculation of microorganisms like mychorrhizae or bacteria they will definitely out gas CO2!

If your not running furnace or innoculating with microbes then i really cant tell you what it would be

THCMonster

THCMonster

Also you can easily go to 1250ppms of CO2. I work in a commerical facility and we run 1500ppm in flower with our generators and the plants just eat that shit up!!!

OngSkap

OngSkap

I don’t have a furnace in the room, just a small electric heater for night time. I’m growing in coco and the bacteria I use would come from the Primordial Solutions Sea Green and Athena Biosis I use.

I usually ramp up my ppms when I first bring in plants. Going from ambient co2 straight to 1100 ppm is asking for stress problems. Which is what They were showing, drooped down a bit.
Still confuses me how the co2 could increase that high without supplementing it. I had just transplanted the day before so the bacterial growth probably isn’t very significant. Running the Front Row Ag diet, Athena Biosis, and a touch of Sea Green.
But hey, what do I know? 🤷🏼‍♂️

thanks for the responses everyone. Y’all are good people 🤛🏽

Homesteader

Homesteader

Plants do kick back unused CO2 through roots, but I would assume that you are in soil and it is the soil microbes that are producing the CO2 if it is that high. Microbes break down the soil carbon and massive amount can be release depending on the SOM % and in particular the carbon content of the soil.

OngSkap

OngSkap

Plants do kick back unused CO2 through roots, but I would assume that you are in soil and it is the soil microbes that are producing the CO2 if it is that high. Microbes break down the soil carbon and massive amount can be release depending on the SOM % and in particular the carbon content of the soil.
If you read the thread you would know I was growing in coco. Not soil.

I contacted Athena and Primordial Solutions and they confirmed that this is possible in a sealed room with inoculation of new bacteria. Not an issue anymore.

Homesteader

Homesteader

It never was an issue but thanks for the condescending reply.
Growing in coco vs soil makes no difference in this regard. Coco is CARBON based. Add microbes to it and they break down the carbon.

TheWizardOfOz

TheWizardOfOz

I would just like to add for others that may come across this thread and whom may have bought a cheap battery operated meter.... the reading may not just be Co2. Anyways glad it's sorted for OP :)

OngSkap

OngSkap

It never was an issue but thanks for the condescending reply.
Growing in coco vs soil makes no difference in this regard. Coco is CARBON based. Add microbes to it and they break down the carbon.
I didn’t ask for a cocky response. It was an issue...you don’t bring in Veg plants from an ambient co2 room to a flowering room and have the co2 that high. It will cause problems. This is my room, not yours, so leave your bad attitude where you found it guy. And it absolutely does make a difference. If I hadn’t added the bacteria I wouldn’t be getting mass amounts of co2 from an inert medium.

If you’re gonna reply keep it relevant to the thread and not just spit out random words with a “know it all” attitude. Especially when you assume incorrectly.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I didn’t ask for a cocky response. It was an issue...you don’t bring in Veg plants from an ambient co2 room to a flowering room and have the co2 that high. It will cause problems. This is my room, not yours, so leave your bad attitude where you found it guy. And it absolutely does make a difference. If I hadn’t added the bacteria I wouldn’t be getting mass amounts of co2 from an inert medium.

If you’re gonna reply keep it relevant to the thread and not just spit out random words with a “know it all” attitude. Especially when you assume incorrectly.
Cool your jets bro!
@homestader means you no harm:)
You should listen to the cat he no’s what he’s talking about.
We’re all hear to learn from each other.

OngSkap

OngSkap

Cool your jets bro!
@homestader means you no harm:)
You should listen to the cat he no’s what he’s talking about.
We’re all hear to learn from each other.
Are you kidding? Pay attention to the thread. I don’t need the “advice” he’s giving. I found out what was causing it and solved the issue on my own. This website has been a joke for a long time, this will be my last post. Too many deadheads hopping on every thread to put in their two cents. Too many “know it all” attitudes. I don’t even know why I came on here in the first place. Figured it out before that dingus started spamming responses acting like he knew my situation without even reading the thread.
Then here you come to his rescue. Not reading the thread to realize I also know what I’m talking about. This website is a joke!

Homesteader

Homesteader

You are probably right in that was a cocky response, but it is a subject that I have always liked and get excited about.
Good luck with you!

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Really? I've been using co2 for 8yrs now. I go from ambient 450ppm veg room to sealed 1400ppm flower room w/o any issues at all. If your using a burner, and your getting droopy plants, check the burn of your burner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom