Too Much Co2?

• Thread starter Mids4lyfe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mids4lyfe

So I'm vegging my plants on a dwc table then putting them into my CC system for flower. This run I decided to veg them for 2 weeks in the dwc table and then another 2 weeks in the CC system before I flip them. I put them into the CC about 4 days ago and everything seemed fine. Yesterday I added co2 at 1200ppm and today I came back and all the plants are drooping. Some worse than others. Do you think the co2 could have done this? That's the only thing that I changed in the few days it's been in the CC system. I also changed the light schedule from 24 to 18/6 but I did that on the day that they were moved into the other system. Any ideas what's going on?

Too much co2
Too much co2 2
Too much co2 3
Too much co2 4
M

Mids4lyfe

This run I also switched from the air hoses that come with the system to 4" air stones. Idk if that could have anything to do with it? It looks like the stones bubble more than the air hoses did.

Also I have my water level about 1/4'' above the bottom of the net pots. Should i lower it?

M

Mids4lyfe

After doing more research I'm starting to think it's the water level and not the co2. I'm going to lower it an see if that helps.

Also if I add a splitter and add another 4" air stones to each bucket will that give me more oxygen or will it still be basically the same bc it's still the same amount of air being pumped through?

S

Shawnery

Depending on your air pump 1 4" stone may not be enough but on the other hand with the right air pump two 4" stones would be overkill. With the wrong pump 2 4" could put out less air possible.

I've been reading some articles questioning whether or not its possible to use to much air in hydro. It's been a while since I read it but it had some interesting points.

On the other hand I still don't know shit so don't take my word for anything. Looks as if you may know more than I do anyways at this point.

S

Simplicio

Depending on your air pump 1 4" stone may not be enough but on the other hand with the right air pump two 4" stones would be overkill. With the wrong pump 2 4" could put out less air possible.

I've been reading some articles questioning whether or not its possible to use to much air in hydro. It's been a while since I read it but it had some interesting points.

On the other hand I still don't know shit so don't take my word for anything. Looks as if you may know more than I do anyways at this point.

I use a Current Culture Pro DWC setup with 4-6 plant sites in a single 30 gal reservoir.
It uses a submerged air ring that would be about 6 ft long unwound.
I'd guess it's equivalent to half a dozen air stones or so, and it doesn't supply too much air when following the recommended nute dosages, which are always 350 ppm or below (500 scale).
They claim that this much air greatly reduces the need for nutes.
If nute usage were not reduced, nute burn would happen, and maybe get blamed on too much air.

N

nicolajanjak

Yes i think they are overwatered
What is the temp of your recirc solution ?

H

heisen

I use a Current Culture Pro DWC setup with 4-6 plant sites in a single 30 gal reservoir.
It uses a submerged air ring that would be about 6 ft long unwound.
I'd guess it's equivalent to half a dozen air stones or so, and it doesn't supply too much air when following the recommended nute dosages, which are always 350 ppm or below (500 scale).
They claim that this much air greatly reduces the need for nutes.
If nute usage were not reduced, nute burn would happen, and maybe get blamed on too much air.
I run 3 times as much as needed and nutes are always low.ill burn the plants over 500 ppm in flower

Top Bottom