Too Much Light?

• Thread starter Stay.gold710
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stay.gold710

This has happened to one of 3 plants. Its the only one. I did transplant it 4days days ago Does this look like nutriant deficiency? Too much water or not enough? Im not surewhat happened it was looking great.and help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

F2A61DBD 90D6 4C8D B9F9 4C9E79810C6F
7E390772 322F 4D6A AF78 5976C18BC9ED
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

No and no! Lol

A dude I know had a couple 80' greenhouses in a nice spot. Some non-local "Cali gold rush" people moved in on the surrounding properties and built a gang of cheap greenhouses. One of them pissed off the local fire marshal. The county came in and he lost all his plants in the sweep. Not Feds and not even a ticket, but still he was over the county limit. He had been there successfully, quietly growing, for years. Lost hundreds of full on trees. I'm talking like 10-15lbs each.

Even when the Feds get on board, guerilla growing is so ingrained in us we'll still probably stay hidden. I only show mine because no one screws with small boutique grows around here.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

This has happened to one of 3 plants. Its the only one. I did transplant it 4days days ago Does this look like nutriant deficiency? Too much water or not enough? Im not surewhat happened it was looking great.and help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Looks water-logged.

....and spider mites, maybe.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Look under the leaves. I'm pretty sure you'll find spider mites. Check your other plants too. They migrate quickly.

A few Azamax treatments should get you going again. Unless someone else has a better suggestion for indoor plants.

S

Stay.gold710

Looks water-logged.

....and spider mites, maybe.
Looks overfed and overwatered. Gotta be, or gonna be, a nice gnat community in that tent. OP, wait until the top 1/2" is totally dry before watering. The top dirt, and right below it should be the lighter color. Are you feeding anything?
yeah im using Botanicarr pure blend grow only feeding 10ml to 1gallon of water.. ph at 6.2-6.4. I was watering quite a bit because of the constant light that was on it was drying quickly.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

yeah im using Botanicarr pure blend grow only feeding 10ml to 1gallon of water.. ph at 6.2-6.4. I was watering quite a bit because of the constant light that was on it was drying quickly.
You're watering too early, even with that. Cannabis likes fast wet/dry cycles. Cut back your food. Probably to half. Is there any nutrients in your soil still? Don't need food added until they deplete the medium first.

S

Stay.gold710

You're watering too early, even with that. Cannabis likes fast wet/dry cycles. Cut back your food. Probably to half. Is there any nutrients in your soil still? Don't need food added until they deplete the medium first.
Ill try that letting them dry more before watering and ill cut back to 5ml. Hopefully it is just water/nutrients and not mites. Pretty sure there are still nutrients in soil. I didnt think too far when adding more nutrients.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Looks overfed and overwatered. Gotta be, or gonna be, a nice gnat community in that tent. OP, wait until the top 1/2" is totally dry before watering. The top dirt, and right below it should be the lighter color. Are you feeding anything?

So you know, I wasn't trying to over post you. I just looked at the pics again and you happened to post in between.

To the OP, check under the leaves for mites or evidence of thrips (thrips leave skin husks and crap spots, mites will be visible if they're of the spider variety) as well as backing off on the nutes and water. If Daikokuten is right and they are being overfed then you might do some good with a Sledge Hammer or straight water flush.

S

Stay.gold710

Ill try that letting them dry more before watering and ill cut back to 5ml. Hopefully it is just water/nutrients and not mites. Pretty sure there are still nutrients in soil. I didnt think too far when adding more nutrients.
Actually probably better just using ph balanced water possibly?

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Then no food at all. Just water. Water with a little bit of runoff. If you have a ppm meter, check the runoff. If you staying in soil or soilless, ppm meter is more important than ph meter. Inspect for mites per smithsjunk's instruction.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

So you know, I wasn't trying to over post you. I just looked at the pics again and you happened to post in between.

To the OP, check under the leaves for mites or evidence of thrips (thrips leave skin husks and crap spots, mites will be visible if they're of the spider variety) as well as backing off on the nutes and water. If Daikokuten is right and they are being overfed then you might do some good with a Sledge Hammer or straight water flush.
Naw i'm working with you in my head. I stay objective on here as much as possible.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Then no food at all. Just water. Water with a little bit of runoff. If you have a ppm meter, check the runoff. If you staying in soil or soilless, ppm meter is more important than ph meter. Inspect for mites per smithsjunk's instruction.

Exactly.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'm mostly an outdoor grower and just started doing indoor. I understand now how quickly problems can get out of control in a tent environment. If your girls are having problems, don't panick, asses and adjust. If your lights are too hot or close, back them off. Drenching your plants will only compound the problem. If your soil gets too dry it's ok to give them just a little water and not the full normal amount. Also, make sure your pots have good drainage with soil that drains excess quickly. I start with soil that has a good balance of microbiologicals and proper amendments built in. I didn't feed till over a week into the 12/12 flip and it was still too early. Do regular pest checks even when there are no signs, it will save you a lot of heartache.

As far as what to do in this situation, I believe Daikokuten has far more indoor experience than me. In previous posts I've read his advice has been really good. I would definitely lean the direction of his instructions in this instance. Jack might chime in here too, his advice is great as well.

S

Stay.gold710

I'm mostly an outdoor grower and just started doing indoor. I understand now how quickly problems can get out of control in a tent environment. If your girls are having problems, don't panick, asses and adjust. If your lights are too hot or close, back them off. Drenching your plants will only compound the problem. If your soil gets too dry it's ok to give them just a little water and not the full normal amount. Also, make sure your pots have good drainage with soil that drains excess quickly. I start with soil that has a good balance of microbiologicals and proper amendments built in. I didn't feed till over a week into the 12/12 flip and it was still too early. Do regular pest checks even when there are no signs, it will save you a lot of heartache.

As far as what to do in this situation, i believe Daikokuten has far more indoor experience than me. In previous posts I've read his advice has been really good. I would definitely lean the direction of his instructions in this instance. Jack might chime in here too, his advice is great as well.
Thank I understand and appreciate all input man. Just trying to give out as much info with the situation as i can

Latest posts

Top Bottom