too much light?

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squarepusher

squarepusher

can anyone tell me how I can tell if plants are getting too much light? or what would be a sign if they were getting too much light ?

F

farmerjohn

They are burned up, if indoors. They were planted in the wrong place & have burned up, if outdoors. Tough to have too much light & not see obvious problems. If your question is specific to a problem ur having, post details & pics, if possible. Most common too much light problem is the lights are too close to the plants. Therefore, the plants burn up! Problem correction. Move plants further away from light.

squarepusher

squarepusher

They are burned up, if indoors. They were planted in the wrong place & have burned up, if outdoors. Tough to have too much light & not see obvious problems. If your question is specific to a problem ur having, post details & pics, if possible. Most common too much light problem is the lights are too close to the plants. Therefore, the plants burn up! Problem correction. Move plants further away from light.

thats heat, not light though

O

Ozstoner

One time when i put some plants under 3600W (6 x 600W) after them being under a 600W for 4 or 5 wks, they developed "light bleaching" which, after much internet research, i discovered is a fairly un-common problem where the growing tips and new growth of a plant turn almost white from having their wattage, or strength of light, increased too quickly with no transition period. Not to good if your about to take cuttings like i was at the time. I thought it was a disease at first because it was only affecting some plants. It mainly affected indica dominant looking pheno's, which makes sense i guess because the sativa's are used to the strong sun they recieve around the equator where they evolved. I'm not sure if that's the info you seek but thought i'd chime in anyway.

F

farmerjohn

It's right on the mark Az, as is my reply. Burned up IS the same as heated up, since that is what too much light does to the cannabis plant. It burns it up! My main point being too much light, while definitely a possibility, is not a common problem. Weed loves light! Plenty of it too! When grown indoors, one needs only to make sure the plants are a correct distance from the lamp. Or when changing from one wattage to another, ease the plants into their new environment. Doing these two things should mean you will never experience a "too much light" problem.

L

Lost

If its lumen shock they turn a limey to lemony color. The leaves will kind droop a little bit and a little shrivled. They will also just kinda stay like that and not grow.

Hope that helps, somethines people think its a cal-mag thing..

convex

convex

Wha??? You mean Cal Mag doesn't fix everything??

:)

Funky bud growth can occur when too close to a light also ...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If its lumen shock they turn a limey to lemony color. The leaves will kind droop a little bit and a little shrivled. They will also just kinda stay like that and not grow.

Hope that helps, somethines people think its a cal-mag thing..
Wanna see a picture of something really funky? This occurred only after putting the light these girls had been under for two weeks onto a mover. The leaves remained soft and pliable, no obvious "burning", they just looked as though someone threw bleach on them and then there was that weird pinching.

I like to get the weird shit covered first.

CRW 6566
CRW 6567 1200
CRW 6569
CRW 6573 1200
CRW 6570 1200
CRW 6574 1200
aleYarok

aleYarok

ive got lumatek dimmable ballast, can i drop my clones in at lowest setting (600w) with out lumen shock? or should i still only have half of my lights on first week? 8k 5mpb

L

Lost

Ale - The procedure should look something like this.

Day1- Lights at ceiling 50% of them on

day 3-4 lower them a little

day 5 turn another light on (or 2 or 3, depending on room size)

Day 5 on, each day add a light or 2 and drop the lights a few inches.

This is for verticle. If your using hoods just raise up the hood all the way, and lower it a few inches a day.
Day

squarepusher

squarepusher

I think what happened is my roots may have been weak and not ready for lumens, OR things got too hot (even though there is an AC, the circulation may not have been good). I'll try to get some pics, but my camera fuc*ed. need to get the new Droid X to take good pictures.

It seems the few parts of the plant that are doing well, are those shielded by other leaves, so I was wondering if it was lumen shock coupled with bad roots now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom