Too Much to Process, Cure with leaves on?

• Thread starter CannaGreene
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaGreene

CannaGreene

Hello,

The short question is, can I cure with leaves still on? Or will this be detrimental to taste and overall quality?

Explanation and longer form questions:

Finished harvesting, probably 100 plants last week. They’re all hanging and drying, and getting very close to needing to be in the cure stage (especially with the crazy fluctuation in humidity here recently, about half is in a somewhat humidity controlled room, the rest is in a metal barn), but, I‘m only 1/6 of the way (if I’m lucky) through breaking them down and trimming, can’t trim it all in this time frame.

My question is, is there any detriment to curing with leaves on? My current plan is to chop off the very biggest colas, and store them in 5 gallon buckets with gamma lids, untrimmed with humidity packs. (Things are expensive in scale.) The rest of the decent colas, I’ll do a secondary selective cut, and store them in 55gal food safe drum liners with humidity packs.

The rest of the crop will go in the same liners, stems cut off the main stalks, with again, humidity packs. Open and burp everything daily, then go back and trim as I can.

Will this work out okay? Or will the vegetation left on affect flavor too much during cure?

Thanks!

Chris
New “small scale” CBD farmer

E28FBAD8 87C2 44E1 9FF8 DD33BA022A8B
growsince79

growsince79

I would forget 5 gal buckets and humidity packs. Just control the temp and humididty and let it cure hanging. Cut off as many big leave as you can and let it hang months if needed. Think of the curing room as a giant jar.

CannaGreene

CannaGreene

I would forget 5 gal buckets and humidity packs. Just control the temp and humididty and let it cure hanging. Cut off as many big leave as you can and let it hang months if needed. Think of the curing room as a giant jar.
Im not able to control the humidity in the barns though.
the room is unfinished, uninsulated, but, I can keep the humidity in a decent range in it.
temperature is all over the place in both, but, nothing too too bad there

room isn’t big, but not big enough

Latest posts

Top Bottom