Too much worm castings please help

• Thread starter THCRabbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
THCRabbit

THCRabbit

Hey my living soil has humus. I added perlite, biochar, and too much worm castings. I'm worried the soil won't drain. My living soil guy said I can get the soil in next week. I got seedlings waiting to be transplanted really soon. Can the seedlings wait one more week for a transplant? They're in 1 gallon pots and I'm going to put them in 30 gallon

What should I do? I added like 2 times more worm castings (usually 12.5% of the soil) than I normally do. It's 25% of the soil. 12.5% perlite, 12.5% biochar and 50% living soil. I'm worried

Homesteader

Homesteader

You can add some coco. You could add some peat. You can leave it be.
Worm castings is going to be heavy in magnesium but overall its not going to hurt much.

THCRabbit

THCRabbit

Worm castings is going to be heavy in magnesium but overall its not going to hurt much.
Why would it be high in magnesium? Explain please

THCRabbit

THCRabbit

What are your credentials? I was growing about 2 years. Self taught. I'm growing top shelf stuff. People said my stuff is good

I'm asking because I'm worried.

THCRabbit

THCRabbit

I must have forgot my credentials in my other pants. Good luck bud!
Oh man can you ask someone who does have credentials or something? I'm not trying to be mean. I am just worried because of this mistake!

Your photos are so impressive

Homesteader

Homesteader

You only really have a few options and I think your best would be to call your soil guy and wait for his instructions. Just wait for the soil and mix more in or whatever else he told you to do. None of us have skin in the game. If you are paying someone, let them fix it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom