Top 2" of cola is drying/dying rapidly, rest of plant is fine *pics

• Thread starter sfzoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sfzoo

I have a problem that started a few days ago.
It started with twisted leaves, which i know could be a host of problems...most notably pH troubles.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Clones

2. How old are your plants?
7th week of flower

3. How tall are your plants?
~24" from soil

4. What size containers are they planted in?
3gal grow bags

5. What is your soil mix?
Happy Frog & ReadyGro aeration mix

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
Feed or water ~every 3 days with RO

7. What is the pH of your water?
7 out of the tap, then around 4.8 after nute mix, then back up to 6.5 after pH up.

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
PuraVida Bloom 2-6-6, and ONE application of AN's HammerHead PK booster. Problems started soon after this application

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
No

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
600HPS

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
~16"

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
8sqft, 2x4 SunHut

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
~77deg, ~65%....this varies with the days. Mostly its around that. Some times humidty soars...upwards of 70% sometimes.

14. What is the pH of the soil?
n/a

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
None

16. How much experience do you have growing?
Rookie

Here's a pic

Thanks for helping.

Top 2 of cola is dryingdying rapidly rest of plant is fine pics
S

sirshamus

i would pull that bud apart and check the inner parts of it..had one of my top colas do that a few runs ago, turned out to be mold...if its mold, cut that bud off right now before all your shit gets spores on it..just my opinion.

R

Rolln J

whatever it is that top of the bud is dead, could be mold or rot - could be pests...

ever get any moths in your grow?

but hes right - it needs to come off - it aint gonna re gen, sorry...

H

HB Dave

7th week of flowering, about ready to harvest?

At any rate, it needs to come off before it effects the rest of the plant.

R

ReelBusy1

i would check in that bud for a catapillar that what happens to buds when they eat plants near the stem like they do....

check out this thread for more info....

D

dirtbagg

that happened to me to its bud rot cut that shit off now!
try to get your humidity in check maybe add more fans to your set up or grow less plants for better air flow

medikush8

medikush8

i would check in that bud for a catapillar that what happens to buds when they eat plants near the stem like they do....

check out this thread for more info....

Was thinking this too.. strikingly similar to pillar damage.

M

mrdizzle

that is 100% bud rot,, pull the top off and it will be grey fuzz. it always happens to a couple kolas here and there. not too much you can do, dont let it get you down

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

Yep bud rot , not at total loss , you can bubble bag moldy weed
Its a sign your gowing BIG nuggies dont be to bummed ,
im guessing you had a small area with out air circulation

your humidity was little high aswell , 60% and above not good

other wise she loooks great

PS.. i just noticed your in a tent!! a lot more work controling temps and humid in those.... fans fans
bring cool in from bottom and remove heat from top vents + fans circulating inside

hope this helps

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

it looks like mold.. my friend cut it off look inside the bud im sure u will find gray fuzzy looking stuff inside its called stem rot what goes on is the bud cant intake water and their for dies and rots happy grow The Cali.

S

sfzoo

whatever it is that top of the bud is dead, could be mold or rot - could be pests...

ever get any moths in your grow?

but hes right - it needs to come off - it aint gonna re gen, sorry...

no moths, thanks for the headsup tho

7th week of flowering, about ready to harvest?

At any rate, it needs to come off before it effects the rest of the plant.

about ready... and its cut off now. thanks!

that is 100% bud rot,, pull the top off and it will be grey fuzz. it always happens to a couple kolas here and there. not too much you can do, dont let it get you down

Thanks. Good to know that it was inevitable...sorta...i guess. :mad0233:

Yep bud rot , not at total loss , you can bubble bag moldy weed
Its a sign your gowing BIG nuggies dont be to bummed ,
im guessing you had a small area with out air circulation

your humidity was little high aswell , 60% and above not good

other wise she loooks great

PS.. i just noticed your in a tent!! a lot more work controling temps and humid in those.... fans fans
bring cool in from bottom and remove heat from top vents + fans circulating inside

hope this helps

My humidity is through the roof. i have a dehumidifier...just don't run it often enough. i'll run it all day now!
Any cons to running too low of humidity?

Can you really run these through the bubble bags?
how about for oil? does mold survive a butane bath?

====

More pics of the damage...for those who may need some reference pics in the future. I'll probably add 'bud rot' to the title.

P9132187
P9132186
P9132191
P9132192
R

Rolln J

Any cons to running too low of humidity?

Can you really run these through the bubble bags?
how about for oil? does mold survive a butane bath?

I have heard of people moldy crap through bubble bags - Im allergic to mold, that would be all bad for me.

as for too low humidity - pot likes some humidity, most vigorous growing plants do.

but if you keep it at 40% or so you shouldn't have those problems - also good ventilation and air movement over all the buds - I have an overkill vent fan, 2 fans on the floor, one moving air around the room, the other blows over the tops of the trays and a fat wall mount oscillator that blows over the tops of the plants.

M

mrdizzle

yea dont make anything outta it just throw it away. It had to do with humdity but even with super low humidity you still might get some that mold.

S

sfzoo

Its definitely the humidity, fog sucks!

I have a 6" clipfan blowing the under sides of the plants, then another one above blowing the top of the plants. I have an exhaust that blows 176cfm, plus 2 duct booster fans for intake at the bottom of the tent.

Will more fans make a difference if the outside humidity is through the roof? or is the dehumidifier the best option?

Only problem with a dehumidifier is that it creates a lot of heat, if I run it at night...my lights out temps jump to 80deg.

M

Medic

how did you get a caterpillar in the indoor grow room bud. smash all the moths you see broham.

S

sfzoo

no catapillars here Medic.

Thanks ReelBusy1, i know were known for our mold/mildew up here in the bay, but not too much about spidermites.

if the mold doesn't calm down, what's the cons of harvesting too early? with no flush?

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

u can bho it or bubble bag it , your choice , bho wont desolve it and , mold floats
either will work

Maybe trying to hook your dehumid up to a timer run for few hours off and on threw out the day out of the tent in same room if possible... get few small fans blowiing around in tent i hang mine from yo's yo's
you'll sort it out!!

R

Rolln J

u can bho it or bubble bag it , your choice , bho wont desolve it and , mold floats
either will work

not sure about the BHO, but I sometimes process water wash for people and was brought a bag of sugar leaf.

get everything all set up and good to go - open the bag and right away I know it has mold (Im allergic and it makes my sinuses burn instantly) seemed like the trim was bagged wet.

Anyway Im all set up and have read that you can bubblebag moldy weed so I say fuck it and have my helper (household member) process it to see what happens.

Bottom line when it was wet I could smell mold and when it was dry I could still smell mold - do yourself a favor and DONT smoke that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom