Top Feed Coco - First Time

• Thread starter Lilmink
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilmink

Lilmink

I got some floraflex halos for a top feed run in a 4x4 flood tray. What else do I need to utilize these? I was thinking to fill a 55 gallon rain barrel as my res and then pump it with a sump pump? Any suggestions?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I got some floraflex halos for a top feed run in a 4x4 flood tray. What else do I need to utilize these? I was thinking to fill a 55 gallon rain barrel as my res and then pump it with a sump pump? Any suggestions?
55 gallon reservoir might be a bit overkill, but you don't have to fill it, I reckon. I run most of my hydro reservoirs @ 2 or 3 gallons per plant, but I generally do NFT style hydro. In your case this will all depend on how many plants you have and how big the pots are, etc.

If you're just starting out and don't know exactly what you are doing yet, I'd recommend manually watering/feeding your plants before you set up a timer for automatic watering. Get a feel for what your plants need for the first couple of weeks, first. There are many factors to consider for automatic systems. Light size, relative humidity, plant size, pot size, ambient temps, these can all effect your watering/feeding schedule. You'll get it figured out pretty quickly though, I'm sure.

Welcome to the Farm and Good Luck! 🤠

SSgrower

SSgrower

Welcome to the Farm, got pictures of your setup? Cheers SS

Top Bottom