Top Feed RDWC seedling issues

• Thread starter ldm321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ldm321

ldm321

The droopy leaves can be caused by too much water, which is probably the case but take a look at the deformed discolored leaves also. This is coming from nutrient overload or possible lockout. I do not know if or how long it will take for them to get healthy and you have already stressed the plants. If you can afford it I think I would start with new seeds, but I am anal with shit being prefect.
I’m not noticing a ton of deformation/discoloration beyond the leaves being curled down. I think the plants roots need time to make it out of the rockwool starter cube. What do your seedlings usually look like at this stage? Heres a seedling from my previous grow and that ended up yeilding 4 ounces.
26DFF2F0 1ED1 489D A838 CF72EEECC678

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Just wick the water up the rockwool. I never have to top feed seedlings. I put them in hydro 3 days after sprout. My water level just bairly touched the bottom of the rock wool. Compiled with the air stones well. . it works perfect. .

Start at 200ppm. . .and stay there for a week or 2. Use half what the suppliers suggest.

When your nutrients climb like that, it means your plant is soaking up more water than nuets, so it needs less nuets. You should come back a day later and the ppm is damn near the same. Rising ppm indicates to high of nutrients, lowering ppm means not enough nutrients. I suggest you use a chart like mine.

Only i can really understand it, but i check ppms and ph every 12hrs. . .then track it. I just started doing it 2 days ago. This my first grow.

20210326 173936
ldm321

ldm321

I have a chart that I track PPM with, which is why I noticed the climbing. On my last grow I didn’t keep track of the numbers so much, just watched the plant and tried to remember if the PPM was climbing or dropping. I have lowered the PPM to 500. If it continues to climb I’ll lower it again. Since turning off the top feed the 3 seedlings that we’re looking over watered have perked back up. Hopefully lowering the PPM will help their vigor as well. Thanks for all the help everyone, couldn’t do it without you guys!

mastiff

mastiff

I read somewhere that with rock wool it creates some type of black fungus which makes them droop in the veg stage and also the flowering stage . A friend of mine had this prob an don't use it no more . Hopefully a better clarification would be nice

Top Bottom