Top Feed Schedule

• Thread starter rendor11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rendor11

rendor11

Hello everyone I'm new to this site. I just started growing about 4 months ago as it just became legal here. I'm growing feminized photo period white widow plants right now. It's been about 30 days since I began germinating the seeds. I recently added a small air pump with air stones to the reservoir and now I'm not sure how many times a day or how long to feed them. My pump is 211gph and I have 2 drippers per plant. I'm using 4x4x4" rockwool cubes and hydroton in 4 gallon pots. You can see the nutrients from the photo (not sure if you're allowed to say the name here)

I'm using 13 gallon cement mixing tubs that cost $13 each (from any local home and garden center) for flood tables and i built the frames with cheap 3/4" PVC. I'm using 3 and 4 way fittings made for building furniture, as you can't buy those at a local home garden center here. I have another planter, a "Double Decker" with a second level for a built in scrog net with 4" squares. My Grow area is sectioned off for photo period plants. 18 and 12 hours of light respectively. I'm using regular 4 foot T8 lights with warm and cool white bulbs for a full spectrum for vegetation. I'm using the recommended amounts of nutrients with filtered tap water. I try to keep the PH around 5.8 changing the reservoir out once a week.

I just want to know how often to run the pump and for how long. So far I've been feeding only during the light hours. Lights come on at 6am and shut off at twilight. So for instance right now I'm feeding for 5 minutes at a time (Using a digital timer) starting at 10am and again at 8pm (Twice a day) I plan to increase the feeding time at least once as the plants get larger and once again when they're flowering. I'm using a 1200 watt LED for Flowering. Both grow areas are 5ft x 3ft x 6ft tall.

PS. For fans I have 12 and 16" oscillating fans and a squirrel cage fan attached to a charcoal filter in the flowering room for exhaust. I can't think of anything else but feel free to ask if I left any pertinent info out.

THANKS and Id be happy to post updates if it's not redundant.

Top feed schedule
Top feed schedule 2
 my grow system
O

Ogbullriderguy

When Theyr thst small only need to feed them a couple times a day once they are big then 4 times during light period. Once you flower them ..I see you use general hydroponics nutes I always added mag pro to compensate for magnesium deficiency in the gh.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Ditch the airstone unless you are using something that requires it like teas. You will get plenty of aeration when they feed and cycle. The airstone will fuck with the PH more which is way more important to have dialed. Plants look good. I don't know if I would change anything that isnt broken if you arent having an issure. If you do try doing shorter feeds more times a day. Have you measured how much a dripper is putting out for a 5 min on time feed?

O

Ogbullriderguy

Absolutely right. The air stone is a gimmick and only needed if your nutrients are sitting stagnant.
Ditch the airstone unless you are using something that requires it like teas. You will get plenty of aeration when they feed and cycle. The airstone will fuck with the PH more which is way more important to have dialed. Plants look good. I don't know if I would change anything that isnt broken if you arent having an issure. If you do try doing shorter feeds more times a day. Have you measured how much a dripper is putting out for a 5 min on time feed?

Latest posts

Top Bottom