Top leaves are curling down

• Thread starter Sampagani
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sampagani

Sampagani

Hi everyone!
So it started yesterday with my Northen Light auto @ its 42th day : the top leaves are curling down! I checked here in the forum and it seems that it's a over-watering problem!
But the pot contains 12L of soil and to avoid the over watering situation I only water 1/6 (2L) only after checking the soil is dry about 3-5cm.
So guys, what do you think the problem is (if there is any, maybe I'm hallucinating).

Top leaves are curling down
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

"the pot contains 12L of soil and to avoid the over watering situation I only water 1/6 (2L) only after checking the soil is dry about 3-5cm"

It does look like over-watering and what you said above could be why?

you want that soil dry almost to the point where it starts to droop from drying out, not quite but almost, it's called a wet/dry watering cycle and it's a soil growers best friend.

Start picking it up and if it almost feels completely light & dried out that's when to water, hope this helps!

Sampagani

Sampagani

What are your temps like at their lowest? Looks like cold to me.
yes it could be, I live in Tunisia and the weather in this period of the year is clod by night (14-16C°).
Yesterday I started lighting them with 250w HPS lamp and it warms the area! I think it'll be fix the cold porblem!

Sampagani

Sampagani

"the pot contains 12L of soil and to avoid the over watering situation I only water 1/6 (2L) only after checking the soil is dry about 3-5cm"

It does look like over-watering and what you said above could be why?

you want that soil dry almost to the point where it starts to droop from drying out, not quite but almost, it's called a wet/dry watering cycle and it's a soil growers best friend.

Start picking it up and if it almost feels completely light & dried out that's when to water, hope this helps!
Thanks!! I'll take in consideration your advice!!

Sampagani

Sampagani

Yeah that's a bit too cold 🤣.
Thanks again for your help! Leaves are recovering now : yesterday was a sunny day so I took them out under the sun and in the evening I returned them under HPS light and the heat to which they were exposed fixed the problem!

BigCube

BigCube

Thanks again for your help! Leaves are recovering now : yesterday was a sunny day so I took them out under the sun and in the evening I returned them under HPS light and the heat to which they were exposed fixed the problem!

No problem, glad you figured it out 👍
It's always an option to have the light on at night and off during the day to help keep your heat up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom