Top node fold upwards and top leaves droop midday?

• Thread starter BayAreaIndica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BayAreaIndica

BayAreaIndica

Just a quick question as my first thread stopping by to say hello.
phytomax led 600
Air pots
Coco coir / worm casting / mykos / earth dust
78 F 40% RH
Oscillating fan moving plants very softly

Top node fold upwards and top leaves droop midday
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Are you keeping them watered good or letting them dry out?

BayAreaIndica

BayAreaIndica

Are you keeping them watered good or letting them dry out?
I’ve been keeping them watered. Tomorrow will actually be the first time I let them dry out a bit more than usual. I am not too worried about overwatering but they’ve been a bit droopy for the past few days.

Pippins

Pippins

It's kind of hard to see what you are describing, maybe take a pic further away? Your plant looks pretty good in that pic.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

more info needed and a few pics of the problems in reg lighting. What are you feeding? how often? whats your water like? how often and how much? how large are your pots? what kinda lighting and how far away?

BayAreaIndica

BayAreaIndica

more info needed and a few pics of the problems in reg lighting. What are you feeding? how often? whats your water like? how often and how much? how large are your pots? what kinda lighting and how far away?
I think she’s all good I think I was just worrying too much, she was just resting before lights out and early In the morning when lights cut on is my guess. Thank you for your reply! I would appreciate any tips and info though. I am feeding Advanced nutrients trio, voodoo, calimagic every other watering but I will start feeding every watering. Water is at 400ppm / .6 EC . 6.1ph at room temperature. Pots are 1 gallon I transplanted from solo cup when I saw roots poking out the bottom holes. Black dog led 600, gives 1000 watt equivalent. I’ve moved their lights up and down they might need to be lower? About 43” from top plant. Recommended @ 47” for veg. If my top plants are folding upwards a bit, lighting should be closer?

2F3F8B6B 32A1 47B3 8E06 2EC93B6E6C5E
BayAreaIndica

BayAreaIndica

Forgot to mention I water in the mornings maybe every 3-4 days I haven’t paid attention to when I water. But I water when about 2 inches deep is dry, mainly go based when the pot feels dry. And I water until I barely get any runoff, a few drops.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

my guess would be less water more often, the leaves in the center of the plant raise due to optimal watering and general plant happiness. I can get like the tope "bud" and the few sucker leaves below to all go up. You may have mistaken happiness for a problem, they dont perk like that in flower. i never let it dry past my second knuck on my finger. the light is still throwing off the color but i would not feed every day. Bump up the ppm's of your N nutes insted. The plants need plain H20, and a break from nutes every now and then. But all in all your looking rather good, keep a eye on the coloring of the bottom leaves. Leave the light where its at, the internodal spacing looks perfect.

BayAreaIndica

BayAreaIndica

my guess would be less water more often, the leaves in the center of the plant raise due to optimal watering and general plant happiness. I can get like the tope "bud" and the few sucker leaves below to all go up. You may have mistaken happiness for a problem, they dont perk like that in flower. i never let it dry past my second knuck on my finger. the light is still throwing off the color but i would not feed every day. Bump up the ppm's of your N nutes insted. The plants need plain H20, and a break from nutes every now and then. But all in all your looking rather good, keep a eye on the coloring of the bottom leaves. Leave the light where its at, the internodal spacing looks perfect.
I appreciate your time and support! I am using coco and air pots, plus intake and extractor 24/7 so I’m not worried about overwatering but I’ll take your advice. Since you mentioned the bottom leaves without even seeing them, they’re actually getting a little fade yellow to them, I was assuming it was calmag def what do you think?

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Don't water when it gets dry water every other day at least. Coco coir needs new nutes every few days. If you let it dry out on the top it will lock the old nutrients to the coco husk and prevent new nutrients from attaching to the coir.
Never let coco dry out, I have done it myself multiple times and every time I get a deficiency because my plants aren't getting what they need from nute lockout. I just did this and have a sick plant now, I work a lot and skipped a day of watering...

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

There's no such thing as calmag deficiency, they actually cancel each other out. If you get too much of one you'll most likely get a deficiency of the other. They put them together in one supplement because they are two of the most needed nutrients.
That looks like magnesium deficiency, add some epsom salts.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Done water more often but less, water it until you get runoff.

BayAreaIndica

BayAreaIndica

Done water more often but less, water it until you get runoff.
When you said coco needs new nutes every few days but you also said water Atleast every other day, I’m assuming there’s no flushing ever done at least not too often? In other words add nutes every watering? Well by calmag deficiency I meant it as either cal or mag deficiency. Can you repeat the last comment? The one I’m replying to, got a little confused. Thanks for your replies and help!

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Yes, when growing in coco you use fertilizer every watering and you water it before it dries out. You get the best of hydro and the convenience of dirt growing in coco. I use gh flora series, calmag and I add epsom salt or garden gypsum if I get calcium or magnesium deficiency. Adding more calmag when you have a deficiency will only make it worse, add whichever one it's deficient in.

BayAreaIndica

BayAreaIndica

Yes, when growing in coco you use fertilizer every watering and you water it before it dries out. You get the best of hydro and the convenience of dirt growing in coco. I use gh flora series, calmag and I add epsom salt or garden gypsum if I get calcium or magnesium deficiency. Adding more calmag when you have a deficiency will only make it worse, add whichever one it's deficient in.
Don’t let coco dry out ✅ got it, thank you. I pretty much use the same things besides the salts. When I feed I add everything in one even if they don’t need it, idk if that’s bad or not. AN trio, voodoo, calimagic. Later on I will be using big bud and bud candy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom