top notch soil mixes

• Thread starter ireyites
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ireyites

I wanna switch soils or go soilless b/c i dont see the pt in paying $20 + tax 4 a bag of ocean forest n then having to ammend it with lime and perlite etc- ive searched and searched and read and read for weeks on end but cant find anything suitable 4 the girls and I - all the organic recipes seem as tho I would burn them using my full line of ff nutes and would take a month or 2 to cook and be ready - eventually i would like to go this route but i need a mix that would be easy & quick to make yet super bomb 4my girls and work in correlation with the nutes i got -so any great soil or soilless recipes you guys can shoot my way would be great and make my life n the girls' lives so much easier -Maybe a mix equivalent to sunshine mix #4? Ive been hearing mixed reviews about black gold also- any good mixes with this? What do you guys recommend? What's working true - tried and tested for you ol timers that know what your talking about? :character0025:despite wanting to go hydro or the coco route and have a lil more control I know the best tasting stuff comes from a living organic soil so i eventually wanna go all the way organic n feed with teas and such but I still have the full line of ff nutes to go thru so Im thinking soilless might be best til i get done with them? What do you think? I dont know Im lost and need to get the babies in bigger pots asap -Idk what to do & need some expert help from you guys that really know whats up :character0180:- any help/advice would be greatly appreciated:rauch08: knowledge is a must & i feel like I cant ever learn enough :rauch08: thanks again for looking at my post
IREY ITES

I

ireyites

hey bro for now I am using 1 bale of sunshine #4, 30 lbs of worm casting and a bag of Biobizz fert and so far so good. My homegirl at the hydro shop where I buy my supplies put me on to this mix and she said all you need to do is add water, but my tru plans are to use subcools receipe, that shit is bomb I've heard nothing but good stuff, but it takes 30 days to activate microorganism and all that good shit so thats why am using the sunshine#4 mix for now and when its time to transplant they will go right in to the super soil mix by subcool IMO..hope it helps
thanks 4 responding - ive heard of this mix and of the super soil mix also but I need something i can feed with my full line of ff nutes now that i have them :stonedsmilie:

T

the Rock

i use power flower Ive done side by side test with coco and FFOF and the plants just grow healthier,alittle faster with the flower power, maybe I am just biased and the homemade mixes I am sure work great but I dont have the time to screw around.If I did I would do more experimenting ,Seems other people like the flowerpower,the shop where I buy it sells that stuff fast some growers buy hundreds of bags at a time while the FFOF never hardly sells out

B

bf74

I'm glad I read this.Shit, I just ordered 2 bags of ocean forrest potting soil- 20 bucks a bag and you still have to ammend it?Damn!

I

ireyites

I'm glad I read this.Shit, I just ordered 2 bags of ocean forrest potting soil- 20 bucks a bag and you still have to ammend it?Damn!

yea man its way too heavy ur gonna need perlite - and regardless of what they say about it being ph buffered thats only good for about 2 months so u gotta add a tspn of lime per gallon when ur going into flowering or ur soil's ph will drop so low it wont even change the color of ur test strips! :rauch08:

IREY ITES

So any1 got some good mixes?????????????????????????
where r all the old schoolers at? :rauch08:

I

ireyites

have you thought about coco

despite wanting to go hydro or the coco route and have a lil more control I like to run various strains so giving them all the same food doesnt really work 4me -even though something like dwc is very tempting and may be easier to control - I know the best tasting stuff comes from a living organic soil and eventually want to go that route - 4 right now i need a mix either soil or soilless -(depending on what u guys recommend)- that i can make myself & thatll go good with my full line of ff nutes now that i already have them :sun2:

IREY ITES

J

jdubz206

yea man its way too heavy ur gonna need perlite - and regardless of what they say about it being ph buffered thats only good for about 2 months so u gotta add a tspn of lime per gallon when ur going into flowering or ur soil's ph will drop so low it wont even change the color of ur test strips! :rauch08:

IREY ITES

So any1 got some good mixes?????????????????????????
where r all the old schoolers at? :rauch08:

i agree that ffof is waay too expensive, although i really like it. i've tried a few other types of soils and the plants seem to thrive best in ffof. i've never had that happen with my ph dropping in flower, all i add is 1/3rd perlite and feed my normal nute schedule...i've never made my own soil but it would be cool to be able to. then again, i'm pretty lazy :D good luck

I

ireyites

jdubz thanks for the input what soils have you compared it to? Have you put it up against the power flower like the rock said or roots organic?- i agree its a good soil but idk why but I feel as though it needs improvements and for the price of 2 bags of that or a whole bale of sunshine mix 4 (oye btw good looking out on d advice boricua:rauch08:) i know I could make something way better with alot more soil - just dont know what the best recipe would be- cervantes has got a cpl soilless ones but idk which to choose or which would work best - I know asking for a good soil mix is really hard b/c everyone has their own flavor - a new ? just came to me: can u transplant from ffof into soilless w/o any problems?

B

bf74

How would hydroton work as a soil ammendment-sorta the same as perlite?

I

ireyites

I don't see why not - but IMHO if you already got it- it might be better just to setup a lil drip system with just the hydroton or make a dwc bucket- both r cheap n simpler n cleaner alternatives- if you're stuck on using soil it might be better just to pick up some pumice, expanded clay pellets and/or some big n chunky perlite G LUCK MAN. PEACE

R

ReelBusy1

yeah I ran into some serious PH dropping situations without amending.

O

Old Yeller

I mix my soil the same way i make spagetti sauce - by eye. FFOF is just fine, but i add worm castings, a little coco, mushroom compost & pearlite to pump it up a bit. Add lime if you re-use the soil at all.
FFOF is usually too hot for clones & seedlings right out of the bag, so i use FFHF in the beginning.

true grit

true grit

I went with Raskal's feeding schedule this round and am very pleased. I underfed for a while just to see how far I could push it, but once back on sched they rebounded and look great. Using FFOF cut with 30% perlite and water every 2 days.

I

ireyites

I went with Raskal's feeding schedule this round and am very pleased. I underfed for a while just to see how far I could push it, but once back on sched they rebounded and look great. Using FFOF cut with 30% perlite and water every 2 days.

thanks true grit would u mind posting raskals feeding schedule I couldnt find it :smiley_joint:

S

StonedOwl

So, no one makes a ready to use soil mix for Cannabis?
Seems a bit odd, one would think someone would have tried to cash in on something like that..

true grit

true grit

thanks true grit would u mind posting raskals feeding schedule I couldnt find it :smiley_joint:

It's actually in the paragraph in Michaelfranti's post right above mine. Also located in the OG Raskal forum as well as the proof in the puddin so to speak..

B

Bigkillr

Try this recipe. It was given to me along time ago by a great friend. Works for me.

1 Bale sunshine mix #2 or promix (3.8 cu ft)
8 cups Bone Meal - phosphorus source
4 cups Blood Meal - nitrogen source
1 1/3 cups Epsom salts - magnesium source
3-4 cups dolmite lime -calcium source & pH buffering
1 tsp fritted trace elements
4 cups kelp meal.
9kg (25 lbs) bag pure worm castings

- Mix thoroughly, moisten, and let sit 1-2 weeks before use.

Again this is not my own mixture, it was from a friend of mine.

BK

Top Bottom