top notch soil mixes

• Thread starter ireyites
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmokinDogCujo

SmokinDogCujo

Premium Member
Supporter
Since you have your heart set on using up the FF nutes you have on hand, just go with a soil less mix. This way, you'll know how the nutes perform on their own...

Soiless Mix #1:
5 parts Canadian Spaghnam Peat or Coir or Pro-Moss
3 parts perlite
2 parts wormcastings or mushroom compost or home made compost
Powdered dolomite lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the soiless mix.

Or, if you use Pro Mix or Sunshine Mix...

Soiless Mix #2:
6 parts Pro Mix BX or HP / Sunshine Mix or whatever
2 parts perlite
2 parts earthworm castings
Powdered dolomite lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the soiless mix.

Grow Safe

SDC

SmokinDogCujo

SmokinDogCujo

Premium Member
Supporter
Try this recipe. It was given to me along time ago by a great friend. Works for me.

1 Bale sunshine mix #2 or promix (3.8 cu ft)
8 cups Bone Meal - phosphorus source
4 cups Blood Meal - nitrogen source
1 1/3 cups Epsom salts - magnesium source
3-4 cups dolmite lime -calcium source & pH buffering
1 tsp fritted trace elements
4 cups kelp meal.
9kg (25 lbs) bag pure worm castings

- Mix thoroughly, moisten, and let sit 1-2 weeks before use.

Again this is not my own mixture, it was from a friend of mine.

BK

This is actually Vic High's Super Soil mix. This was the first mix I ever grew in...it yielded awesome results. Nothing but water from beginning to end.

M

Muddy Paws

I just got some potting soil made by a place called Gardner & Bloome, it's organic and comes with chicken manure, guano, earthworm castings and oyster shells and dolomite lime already in the mix.

Only cost 8.50 (US) for 40lb bag (2cuft) and the person who rec'd it to me says it's pretty good soil. They have a website and most nurseries carry it; they have a search feature so you can find a place close to you that has it.

B

Bigkillr

This is actually Vic High's Super Soil mix. This was the first mix I ever grew in...it yielded awesome results. Nothing but water from beginning to end.

Yep, like I said it was given to me ALONG time ago and still works like a CHAMP!!! and Yes this is Vic's recipe.

BK

P

pinkus

UR both right

when ur going into flowering or ur soil's ph will drop so low it wont even change the color of ur test strips!

i've never had that happen with my ph dropping in flower

I think you're both right, but it depends how much dissolved solids are in your water to begin with and if you let lots of water runoff or not.

peace

I

ireyites

has anyone used whitney farms uncle malcoms blend or just their regular organic potting soil? how about gardner and bloom or cedar grove? They are all supposed to be bomb ass soils - any good mixes with this stuff? what do you guys recommend? until nex time ....keep it :smiley_joint:

T

theloadeddragon

Gardner & Bloom is pretty decent as an amendment. Put your plants strait in it and you will have a variety of issues. I am going to be using it in at least one of my raised beds.

Z

zoeronerer

pro mix and guano teas....

cost effective ...... simple and great results .

K

koolace

I use subcools soil recipe its the (BOMB) only have to water .The soil will last the whole grow..It contains all you need to get you through the whole cycle. Hope this helps ,peace..

J

jcash

organic potting soil

ever heard of LADYBUG BRAND potting soil. similar to ocean forest ; Austin Texas based company GREAT results.

J

Jimmy Smash

try this out

i saw this on a video.

1.) potting soil__60%
2.) building sand__10%
3.) perlite__15%
4.) worm castings__10%
5.) pre-mix (12-6-6)__5%

equally 100% good food.
he feeds after the 3rd week of flowering.

Top Bottom