• Thread starter 1Islandguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1Islandguy

1Islandguy

How much can i top up a seedling without the risk of rotting the stem

1Islandguy

1Islandguy

Some history of my problem sunday noon time i put seeds in distilled water 15 hours later i put them in paper towel and off to work i went came home at 5 checked seeds and dam 7 of 8 had taproots over an inch long so i planted them in solo cups slightly below the surface in the am they 2 had broken the surface so i figured id wait till i got home to get them under lights i get home at 5 and dam there all over 3 inches tall and look like a fart would blow them over 3 og kush 5 gg#4 in second hand soil thats been sterelized

euphoria526

euphoria526

Some history of my problem sunday noon time i put seeds in distilled water 15 hours later i put them in paper towel and off to work i went came home at 5 checked seeds and dam 7 of 8 had taproots over an inch long so i planted them in solo cups slightly below the surface in the am they 2 had broken the surface so i figured id wait till i got home to get them under lights i get home at 5 and dam there all over 3 inches tall and look like a fart would blow them over 3 og kush 5 gg#4 in second hand soil thats been sterelized
It wont rot ...it will just grow roots
what he said, it shouldn't rot, it should grow roots if under the medium

1Islandguy

1Islandguy

Update on my sad looking seedlings
Topped up as much as i could they still look pathetic just hope they make it time will tell i guess

DSC 0013
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

They dont look too bad. What kind of light are they under? How far from the plants? How many lumens does the light emit?

1Islandguy

1Islandguy

6 -4 foot t 8s 3800 lux at the top of plant they will be going outdoors when the weather permits the gg#4 streached more than the kush but now they under lights they seem to have stoped streaching

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

6 -4 foot t 8s 3800 lux at the top of plant they will be going outdoors when the weather permits the gg#4 streached more than the kush but now they under lights they seem to have stoped streaching

Ok cool, sometimes a higher Kelvin is needed if they stretch too much, but it seems to be working for you, good luck!

1Islandguy

1Islandguy

Well they have stopped streaching but they still dont look good there pale in color and for 5 days out of soil growth is slow i realy dont want to start over but i also dont want to waste my time

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

What kind of soil are you using? If you water them too much when they are small seedlings it can stunt growth and possibly kill em. I like to use alot of perlite mixed in soil (20-40%) for seedlings so the soil won't retain too much water.

1Islandguy

1Islandguy

Second hand soil thats been baked 300f 2 hours 30% pearlite the top inch is promix not been watered since i planted temp is 75 humidity 60 trying to raise the humidity o

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
have you put a small fan slightly blowing just a bit, that is said to strengthen the stems some. just not a lot or wind, just a bit of a wiggle to them.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Second hand soil thats been baked 300f 2 hours 30% pearlite the top inch is promix not been watered since i planted temp is 75 humidity 60 trying to raise the humidity o

Ok, I have no experience with used and pasteurized soil. I would imagine it has been completely stripped of nutrients and beneficial bacteria and fungi. That could be the issue right their.

To fix that I would add a very light nutrient solution and maybe some beneficial bacteria.

1Islandguy

1Islandguy

18 days out still look pale in color added nutes last water GH Flora about 30 % strength

DSC 0019
Top Bottom