Topped and it grew back !!👀👀

• Thread starter Newbie27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Can you post some pics? Grew back How? Usually when you top/Fim 2/4 new shoots grow in place

ThisGuy420

ThisGuy420

That's a good thing, right? Looks like the two auxiliary bud got bigger along with the one that grew back? So you have 3 main nodes now?

Newbie27

Newbie27

That's a good thing, right? Looks like the two auxiliary bud got bigger along with the one that grew back? So you have 3 main nodes now?
Nooo i topped it i didnt want it growing taller ya kno if i would-be y known that i wouldve kept it no one knew why it happend they thought i fimmed it after i clearly said i topped it smh

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Looks fine. If she gets to big just super crop her or tie her dwn good job man

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
Where you top, two new branches will sprout. You'll get more, but slightly smaller buds. Makes sense since your plant will have a lot of work to do to fill them all out.

I just started this years backyard plants. I top every couple weeks, and I only cut branches long enough to stick in a peat pellet to clone them.

Last year I ended up with over 200 plants from 4 what can be called mothers (after topping over and over.) In the spring, I stick the moms in the ground.

This is last year's result from topping so many times.
(Boreal Seeds Blue Jag)
Blue jag3 1

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Nooo i topped it i didnt want it growing taller ya kno if i would-be y known that i wouldve kept it no one knew why it happend they thought i fimmed it after i clearly said i topped it smh
No one here has said you fimmed smh, by the way your plant is growing its similar to fimming. That's what the guys are saying and It's a an accurate statement. I'd suggest LST next time

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Where you top, two new branches will sprout. You'll get more, but slightly smaller buds. Makes sense since your plant will have a lot of work to do to fill them all out.

I just started this years backyard plants. I top every couple weeks, and I only cut branches long enough to stick in a peat pellet to clone them.

Last year I ended up with over 200 plants from 4 what can be called mothers (after topping over and over.) In the spring, I stick the moms in the ground.

This is last year's result from topping so many times.
(Boreal Seeds Blue Jag)
View attachment 1082414
My god I'm glad I don't have to trim that one lol

euphoria526

euphoria526

I topped 3 and filmed the 4th, the one I filmed looks similar to yours, I would have kept it, more heads = more colas = more bud for you!

Newbie27

Newbie27

I topped 3 and filmed the 4th, the one I filmed looks similar to yours, I would have kept it, more heads = more colas = more bud for you!
Why fim/top it if you dont mind it growing bak and continued growth lol

euphoria526

euphoria526

Why fim/top it if you dont mind it growing bak and continued growth lol
one was growing slower than the others, thats when I fim'ed it, now its growing the same if not faster then the others. I top because I have limited height , and when you can bush out less plants to get equal yield. im naturally still on my first run, in the future I plan on less plants or reconfiguring to have a better layout for more plants.
you could also just LST instead of HST that is topping and fimming. topping is just easy, snip and let it heal for a week or so. plus its fun watching how you can manipulate the plant to get what you want

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Right, my first run I tied them girls down with lst and at end harvest they were 18" tall from the soil. This run I popped a few seeds and they frickin took off! Had a hard time catching them cuz time is tight sometimes, did what i could to limit upward growth but they are about 3 and half feet tall from the top of soil now lol. Sometimes different strains will need different attention and training. 5 of my 8 flower plants I didn't have to train at all, they grew short and bushy on their own. I ended up propping the short ones up on buckets and added foam blocks to get the canopy as even as possible.

Top Bottom