Topped at 1st node.... help

• Thread starter Greenguyz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenguyz

Greenguyz

Amnesia haze auto
Day 18
I fucked up.. at this point will the plant even produce or grow from those 2 shoots?

The 3rd and 4th pic is blueberry auto same age.. I managed to top correctly and is doing fine.

Topped at 1st node help
Topped at 1st node help 2
Topped at 1st node help 3
Topped at 1st node help 4
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Amnesia haze auto
Day 18
I fucked up.. at this point will the plant even produce or grow from those 2 shoots?

The 3rd and 4th pic is blueberry auto same age.. I managed to top correctly and is doing fine.
Yeah it has 2 shoots and will be fine Imo you shouldn't top autos. They are on a clock and anything you do to stunt them you won't get the time back.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Also, this is my first time growing is soil
(fox farm ocean). It comes pre charged I know but how long should I wait to start adding in my own Nutes (fox farm liquid) and cal mag.?

That is some of the most impatient topping i have seen. Next time wait at least 3-4 more weeks. And know why you are topping. Always good to geow the first ones out naturally to know what to expect. Trying to control the grow too much tends to fail.

And ocean forest if not watered too often can supply nutrients for 4-6 weeks with a young plant and 2-3 with a mature one.

And dont add cal mag unless you actually get a calcium or mag deficiency whichbis unlikely with ocean forest and tap water.

Hope this helps.

Greenguyz

Greenguyz

That is some of the most impatient topping i have seen. Next time wait at least 3-4 more weeks. And know why you are topping. Always good to geow the first ones out naturally to know what to expect. Trying to control the grow too much tends to fail.

And ocean forest if not watered too often can supply nutrients for 4-6 weeks with a young plant and 2-3 with a mature one.

And dont add cal mag unless you actually get a calcium or mag deficiency whichbis unlikely with ocean forest and tap water.

Hope this helps.
Yes I was impatient and I have to pay the price for it with a jacked up plant. I’ll make the most of it. I popped another bean and I’ll leave this one be

Tech4523

Tech4523

personally I would never top a auto...I'm doing my 1st run in coco with Autos but with a 60-70day life, i dont want to stunt growth. With my photos, I treat them like dirty little S$u☆s and torture the hell out of them at times lol. Since I can keep it in veg for as long as I choose. Personally just LST with autos, why stunt growth when you're on a deadline...so many other issues to try and grow a perfect crop in 60 days to deal with

Last edited:
Greenguyz

Greenguyz

personally I would never top a auto...I'm doing my 1st run in coco with Autos but with a 60-70day life, i dont want to stunt growth. With my photos, I treat them like dirty little S$u☆s and torture the hell out of them at times lol. Since I can keep it in veg for as long as I choose. Personally just LST with autos, why stunt growth when you're on a deadline...so many other issues to try and grow a perfect crop in 60 days to deal with
Well to be honest I seen canucks do it on his channel and tried it 🤷‍♂️

Tech4523

Tech4523

Well to be honest I seen canucks do it on his channel and tried it 🤷‍♂️
Have to be careful Mr Canucks Grow...grows autos and photos. I dont recall him every Topping a Auto grow🤷‍♂️....I do see growers who train them like photos just imo you're hurting yeild potential by shocking the plant

like my photos you could always try your self...grow 4 of the same strains of autos...main line 1 Fim 1 LST 1 and let one go and see how they turn out....what works for one strain or person might not for another.

Greenguyz

Greenguyz

thanks for the tips. I was going to trash the plant cuz I thought she wouldn’t grow anymore honesty.. it’s a small plant but the roots are poking out the bottom of the 2 gallon pot. Seen growth in 24hours. I can’t believe it after all the damage I have done toher

DD27E865 3DEA 42B9 94C5 559772CC8A62
0445079C 68A2 4098 95E7 A2A7357D7C52
8747CA2F 483F 404E 9FB2 F3DBC85FE1E0
Greenguyz

Greenguyz

So I thought I would do an update. It’s kinda funny look

Hope this helps.
update.. 30 days

48731956 BA39 4FD7 BA4C FF7E4AB1AD83
Top Bottom