Topping AND supercropping, need advice.

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

Hello there, new to this site. I have a little grow started in my closet. My ladies are about a month old, some a week less. I am interested in training them a bit. Last year I used LST, but that's so labor intensive. I plan to top my largest ladies soon, but I've also been reading up on supercropping. There is so much conflicting info out there, I was hoping for some insight. My question is this, can and should I supercrop as well as top? Is that overkill? Should I top first, let them recover and then supercrop, or should I do that simultaneously? They are high quality feminized seeds, they should be able to handle some stress. They will be going outside when weather permits, likely some time in mid may, so I have about a month and a half to keep them in veg inside, and I don't mind slowing them down a bit since I don't have the space to transplant to bigger pots before it's time to move outdoors. Also, are there strains that you shouldn't top or supercrop? Thanks for any tips and advice!

Topping and supercropping need advice
Madmax

Madmax

Id just top then lst those branches.it is time consuming .i just make sure you only have say 3 nodes= 6 branches and then lst .anymore it gets too bushy aa those branches lstd have secondary branches coming off those.if you look at some of my pics you will see how i have trained them.it is worth it.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Id just top then lst those branches.it is time consuming .i just make sure you only have say 3 nodes= 6 branches and then lst .anymore it gets too bushy aa those branches lstd have secondary branches coming off those.if you look at some of my pics you will see how i have trained them.it is worth it.
Considering you are going to be pressed for room, as they are fems, and hopefully great genetics.
Anyway, to get the largest yield, with the least amount of trimming, train the larger plants to grow to 2 colas, and the smaller ones, 1.
They won't be fighting each other for light (well depending how fat/tall they get)
I just looked again. You have far too many plants in that small area, and if they're worth anything genetic wise, you will have them starved for light.
If you plan on keeping all those, throw a trellis up, and grow it like a scrog. That too will be difficult, as you're going to want to snip all the sucker branches, and they'll be tough to get to.
That's still the way I'd go to get the best yield, and little to no waste bud. That energy should go to colas

elduderito

elduderito

based on space I'd go for mainlining - it's quite a slow and aggressive process but it keeps the plants small and builds the framework to explode when you put them outside...

Reactions: TSD
Madmax

Madmax

Considering you are going to be pressed for room, as they are fems, and hopefully great genetics.
Anyway, to get the largest yield, with the least amount of trimming, train the larger plants to grow to 2 colas, and the smaller ones, 1.
They won't be fighting each other for light (well depending how fat/tall they get)
I just looked again. You have far too many plants in that small area, and if they're worth anything genetic wise, you will have them starved for light.
If you plan on keeping all those, throw a trellis up, and grow it like a scrog. That too will be difficult, as you're going to want to snip all the sucker branches, and they'll be tough to get to.
That's still the way I'd go to get the best yield, and little to no waste bud. That energy should go to colas
Why are you telling me..hes planting them outside..

Madmax

Madmax

Me..lol..ard you talking about my plants i grew outdoors..

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

My bad. Everyone is new to me. I'm still learning names. No, that was for TSD

TSD

TSD

Yes I know there are far too many. Only 12 are mine, the bigger ones w white tags. I started some seeds for my dad as he is sick and doesn't have the energy, so those will be leaving soon. I also have a few of another friend, he showed up and asked me to save his babies cause he threw them in a pot in the window and he's clueless, so I took pity, but they too will be leaving soon now that mine are bigger. They will be going in my garden outside as soon as weather allows, but I still would like them as incognito as possible. I'm in Northern NY so the ground is still frozen, hence why I had to start them inside. I usually buy clones as well but I prefer to pick my strains so went full seeds this year. The 12 that are mine will have the whole closet soon, they should have plenty of light till they are able to get outside, where they will be in full sun all day.I just don't know if I want to fuck with supercropping if it's not necessary in additionto topping, I know some strains don'tdo well with it... always looking to learn more and experiment. I trained my garden baby into a bonsai last year with LST and she was lovely.

TSD

TSD

Yes I do love playing with my ladies, it's just that I also have a large vegetable garden and many flowers as well, so I can't spend my life gardening unfortunately... my family might miss me lol.

TSD

TSD

based on space I'd go for mainlining - it's quite a slow and aggressive process but it keeps the plants small and builds the framework to explode when you put them outside...
I had considered that too.. but it's a little intimidating lol.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
family says garden must go... for sale, one hubby, slightly used. kids must go, wash and wear only.

• Haha
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I had considered that too.. but it's a little intimidating lol.
There's a problem with keeping them small. The plants I've grown, bred, and work with can go from 14 inches to 6 feet in the 1st 3 weeks of flower. Since you're growing from seed, you won't know how they'll react until you go through at least 1 flower cycle with the genetics.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

There's a problem with keeping them small. The plants I've grown, bred, and work with can go from 14 inches to 6 feet in the 1st 3 weeks of flower. Since you're growing from seed, you won't know how they'll react until you go through at least 1 flower cycle with the genetics.
My bad, didn't know they were going out

TSD

TSD

family says garden must go... for sale, one hubby, slightly used. kids must go, wash and wear only.
I
I pretty much do garden all summer, I was just looking to cheat a little with super cropping. I've never done it, but I did break a top on one last year, fixed it and that arm was like a Popeye arm, I ended up with I think 7 huge colas and that one was the biggest, and it was a secondary branch, so I know supercropping can work, I'm just scared to do it intentionally lol.

TSD

TSD

They don't necessarily need to be small, I try to disguise them in my vegetable garden, so I just like them more bushy than tree like. My big one is girl scout cookies and her stem is already thick, so I don't know if it would even be necessary, might just top and train down, perhaps supercrop one to experiment.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I

I pretty much do garden all summer, I was just looking to cheat a little with super cropping. I've never done it, but I did break a top on one last year, fixed it and that arm was like a Popeye arm, I ended up with I think 7 huge colas and that one was the biggest, and it was a secondary branch, so I know supercropping can work, I'm just scared to do it intentionally lol.
I know I'm a new name here. I left the game, and this forum years ago completely to raise my kids for a few years. I'll be getting back soin. I know NY very well myself.
CHECK OUT my gallery.
Anyway, instead of bending to super crop. Pinch em until they crunch. knuckles will form, you won't lose any tops, and more nutrients will get to thoes larger tops. As ling as ya don’t completely snap em, they're very resilient, and will recover fast. It will also make them stronger, as summer storms are something to consider

TSD

TSD

I know I'm a new name here. I left the game, and this forum years ago completely to raise my kids for a few years. I'll be getting back soin. I know NY very well myself.
CHECK OUT my gallery.
Anyway, instead of bending to super crop. Pinch em until they crunch. knuckles will form, you won't lose any tops, and more nutrients will get to thoes larger tops. As ling as ya don’t completely snap em, they're very resilient, and will recover fast. It will also make them stronger, as summer storms are something to consider
Thanks, I just joined today myself, this is only my second year growing after taking a long break due to my husband's work situation, it wasn't worth risk, but he's left that career and NY legalized, so game on lol.

Top Bottom