Topping? Pruning? When to do it?

• Thread starter SUPER_DAVE_SO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socks4free

socks4free

Well you won't get any seeds unless one of these turns out to be a male and can pollinate the other plants. But if this is the case you may end up pollinating all your neighbors plants too.

SUPER_DAVE_SO

SUPER_DAVE_SO

Well you won't get any seeds unless one of these turns out to be a male and can pollinate the other plants. But if this is the case you may end up pollinating all your neighbors plants too.
I'll probably take a shot at cutting a few clones off each plant, and buy some inexpensive lights and see what I can do over the winter.

I don't know for sure what sex the small plant is as yet... not sure if it's just because I don't know, or if it's too early yet. I haven't had that one growing for too long at all.

socks4free

socks4free

I'll probably take a shot at cutting a few clones off each plant, and buy some inexpensive lights and see what I can do over the winter.

I don't know for sure what sex the small plant is as yet... not sure if it's just because I don't know, or if it's too early yet. I haven't had that one growing for too long at all.
Do some research on cloning and see if it's something you will feel comfortable doing. It's not too hard but you do need to know what your doing for it to work it's a little more involved than just cutting the branch off and planting it.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Hey all. Brand new to growing. I have 3 plants, all different strains.

I'm trying to figure out if I've waited to long to top 2 of them because I'm terrified that I'll end up killing the entire plant and end up with nothing.

The first pic is the 2nd tallest plant I have... from my readings it said wait until it has 7 nodes and then cut between the 5th and 6th. Problem is that the nodes are coming out staggered. The2nd pic is my tallest plant. Nodes are basically coming out even, but it appears to be beginning to flower at the top. The 3rd pic is my smallest plant that I've grown from seed by myself (the other 2 were gifted to me).

Posting pics for advice.

another question would be, if it's not too late to top the first 2, is there a possibility of cutting clones off of whatever I cut as I'm sure there will be several nodes, or is it even possible to get the main stalk to sprout roots as (at least in the case of the taller plant) they appear to be flowering.
View attachment 1153388View attachment 1153389View attachment 1153390
To me the idea is to create as many tops as possible. For the most part this does not occur naturally. I am an indoor cultivator, looking to make the most from a limited space. I actually top twice, once at node 4 and then again on the side limbs caused from topping 1 at node 2 or 3 depending on growth rates. After this I take it a step farther and FIM all my tops, two weeks prior to going to the flower cycle. This action then increases my colas by 3 times the amount of original tops. Yes you can clone colas that are in flower. It is suggested that they not be in flower for a period of over 2 weeks. I have used this method known as Monster Cropping. While producing some very large colas, it slowed the cloning process way down, making an inside grow slower for me, therefore less productive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom