Topping side branches

• Thread starter Ganjagrower4life
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjagrower4life

Ganjagrower4life

Anyone have experience topping the branches below the main colas for more side buds does it work ? Can I top the side branches let them recover and then top the main cola ?

uphere

uphere

I topped my plant a couple weeks ago. Last Saturday I topped the branches directly below my topping cut. Not sure if it will make a difference at the end but it definitely hasn't hurt the plant. Infact I gained a bit of a boost.
20200331 163839

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

Once they recover and you have all them branches, tie them.down and spread them.out so that:1. You get better light and air to the middle of the plant, and, 2. Tie so all the budding tops are at the same height. This breaks the apical dominance of the main stem and turns all those side branches into main colas.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Anyone have experience topping the branches below the main colas for more side buds does it work ? Can I top the side branches let them recover and then top the main cola ?

You can and they will double like the top but the object really is to top the top and get the side branches to stretch up and become tops. Then keep topping the tallest branches to try to keep them pretty even. That results in a bush with much less stretch.

kellogs7064

kellogs7064

absolutely i would reccomend topping the main cola and letting the branches grow up while its recovering. Then top the side branches once they have grown upwards towards the top

Top Bottom